Request for consultation
Teach students how businesses use spreadsheets and databases in accounting today with USING EXCEL & ACCESS FOR ACCOUNTING 2016. This step-by-step book uses numerous screen images to clearly explain how to use these tools to solve real accounting problems.
- NEW SECTION NOW HIGHLIGHTS PARTIAL YEAR DEPRECIATION. Students gain a solid understanding of this important aspect of accounting as they master software skills.
- ALL END-OF-CHAPTER ASSIGNMENTS NOW INCLUDE NEW PROBLEM VALUES: With this change you are able to confidently offer homework and assignments that vary from previous editions.
- UPDATED INSTRUCTIONS AND FIGURES CORRESPOND TO THE LATEST MICROSOFT® OFFICE 2016. The new edition allows your students to take advantage of the user-friendly design and features of Microsoft Office 2013 to prepare them for what they will see in the workplace.
- ALL UPDATES REFLECT THE LATEST ADDITIONS AND CHANGES WITHIN THE NEWEST VERSIONS OF EXCEL AND ACCESS: Carefully developed step-by-step descriptions and fresh cases clearly detail the latest improvements in Excel 2016 and Access 2016.
- "TROUBLE?" PARAGRAPHS ANTICIPATE LIKELY QUESTIONS: This helpful feature guides readers in avoiding common errors and provides students with the information necessary to resolve typical problems and continue on.
- PROVEN STEP-BY-STEP FORMAT KEEPS STUDENTS ON TRACK: The author uses a clear, popular step-by-step approach with numerous support screen shots that make explanations easy to follow.
- ALL INSTRUCTIONS AND FIGURES HAVE BEEN UPDATED TO CORRESPOND TO MICROSOFT® OFFICE 2016: The new edition allows students to take advantage of the user-friendly design and features of Microsoft® Office 2016 to prepare them for what they will see in the workplace.
- STUDENT DEMONSTRATION VIDEOS HELP READERS VISUALIZE EXCEL AND ACCESS PROCESSES: These helpful videos, created by the text’s author, reinforce the book’s presentation of concepts. Icons in the margin throughout the book indicate when these videos are available. The videos include audio explanations with step-by- step illustrations of the business processes explained in the text. For your convenience, this videos are available on the companion website.
- GRADING RUBRICS ASSIST IN GRADING CASES AND ASSIGNMENTS: These helpful tools save you time in you grading cases within the end-of-chapter material as they link each case requirement and event to a specific student learning outcome. For your convenience these grading rubrics are available for download on the instructor companion web site at www.cengage.com/accounting/owen.
- THE DOCUMENTER FEATURE IN MICROSOFT® ACCESS ALLOWS STUDENTS TO PROVE THEY HAVE MADE IMPORTANT CONTROL CHANGES. Students are able to demonstrate their work with input masks, validation rules and default values. In addition, Excel’s grouping feature expands the student’s understanding of budget development.
- A CONTINUING CASE PROBLEM OFFERS REAL HANDS-ON BUSINESS EXPERIENCE WITH THE SOFTWARE APPLICATIONS: This continuing case appears within each chapter’s presentation to help students see the application of Excel and Access features and encourage actual working experience with the software.
2. Excel Basics.
3. Financial Statement Analysis.
5. Loan and Bond Amortization.
6. Cash Budgeting.
7. Other Topics: Present/Future Values, Predicting Costs, & Allowance for Uncollectable Accounts.
8. Access Tour.
9. Access Basics.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Find everything you need for your course in one place. This collection of product-specific lecture and class tools is available online You'll be able to access and download materials such as Instructor Completed Data Files, Demonstration Videos, Image Files, Grading Rubrics and more.