Request for consultation
Developed by the recognized authority in the field, PROCESS TECHNOLOGY EQUIPMENT AND SYSTEMS, 4e introduces students and apprentices to the concepts and techniques used in today's most sophisticated manufacturing facilities. This book delivers technical accuracy along with an engaging writing style, and supports readings with full-color graphics and photos that show how systems and equipment operate in the real world. Chapters explore the workings of valves, vessels, and piping; pumps and compressors; motors and turbines; heat exchangers, cooling towers, boilers, and furnaces; reactors and distillation; extraction and separation systems; process instrumentation; and much more. Upholding the tradition of excellence established by the first two editions, PROCESS TECHNOLOGY EQUIPMENT AND SYSTEMS, 4e helps students, apprentices, and technicians launch successful careers in a wide variety of settings.
- Better Starts: More startup and shutdown information better prepares readers for work with heat exchangers, cooling towers, steam generation, furnaces, reactors, and distillation.
- Focused Distillation: Extra information and a new series of graphics better illustrate vapor-liquid phase diagrams, the bubble point and dew-point curve, mole fractions, the reflux-ratio, the McCabe-Thiele method, column loading, entrainment, and much more.
- Succinct Science: More detailed descriptions and new photos of science and engineering materials add depth to equipment and system chapters, while simplifying concepts for learners.
- Expanded Reactors: New additions to the reactor chapter include the reactor classification system, new reaction processes, ammonia reaction, calcium carbonate reaction, fluid catalytic cracking, reformers, and the use of reactors in power generation.
- Advanced Topics: The 4th Edition's new coverage of more advanced topics helps novice technicians and apprentices understand wider applications within the field of process technology.
- Flexible Design: Standalone chapters enable instructors to teach with a standard approach, or adjust according to individual program needs.
- Unmatched Expertise: Process technology's leading authority delivers PROCESS TECHNOLOGY EQUIPMENT AND SYSTEMS, 4th Edition with the depth of knowledge and experience students and apprentices want.
- Meticulous Coverage: Topics addressed include everything from equipment and components to systems and safety considerations, for a complete perspective of this dynamic and growing field.
- Appealing Graphics: Stimulating color photos and art guide students through the material, and give visual punch to this already reader-friendly text.
- Industry-Tested Methods: PROCESS TECHNOLOGY EQUIPMENT AND SYSTEMS, 4th Edition ensures relevant skill mastery and uniform training for new technicians in apprentice training programs everywhere.
3. Piping and Vessels.
6. Turbines and Motors.
7. Heat Exchangers.
8. Cooling Towers.
12. Process Diagrams.
13. Utility Systems.
14. Reactor Systems.
15. Distillation Systems.
16. Extraction and Other Separation Systems.
17. Plastics Systems.