Request for consultation
Addressing modern process plant operations in an easy-to-understand format, this comprehensive text reveals the important role technicians play in the function of a business unit. The author thoroughly examines operator responsibilities and functions, from recognizing opportunities that improve process operations, to detecting and removing threats to steady-state operation. The text also systematically explores business fundamentals and the importance of quality, as well as the chemistry and physics of process operations, maintenance duties, material handling, and process troubleshooting techniques. Now thoroughly expanded and updated, the Second Edition of this trusted text includes new chapters on jobs in process technology, environmental compliance, emergency response, and instrumentation. With numerous new and revised tables and photos, as well as additional learning resources to promote Internet research and critical thinking, the text is an even more useful and effective resource for current and future process plant technicians.
- Every chapter now includes a "Resources" section containing useful teaching and learning tools and material to encourage critical thinking, including lecture presentations, class activities, discussion materials, and links to relevant websites for information on chapter topics.
- Many chapters feature new or updated tables and photos, enhancing the text's visual appeal and helping bring key concepts to life for readers.
- Numerous new chapters greatly expand coverage of topics important in the field today, such as environmental compliance, emergency response, jobs in process technology, and instrumentation.
- This proven text combines detailed, comprehensive coverage with an engaging, reader-friendly presentation to make even complex material easier to understand and apply.
- Within each chapter, material is organized by topic to make it easier to teach, learn, review, and reference information relevant to a specific area.
- Abundant photos, line drawings, tables, and other illustrations throughout the text help to clarify complex processes and make the text more effective and appealing for today's visual learners.
- Drawing on nearly two decades of experience as an industry professional, the author delivers a thorough examination of operator responsibilities and functions while strongly emphasizing business fundamentals, quality, and safety.
1. Process Technology Today.
2. Jobs in Process Technology.
3. John's Twelve-Hour Shift.
5. Environmental Compliance and Title V.
6. Emergency Response Teams.
7. Process Physics for Operators.
8. Quality for Operators.
9. Economics for Operators.
10. Communication for Operators.
12. Routine Technician Duties.
13. Process Samples and common Analytical Tests.
14. Operator Maintenance Duties.
15. Material Handling of Bulk Liquids.
16. Material Handling of Bulk Solids.
17. Material Handling: Oil Movement and Storage.
18. Process Unit Shutdown.
19. Process Unit Turnaround.
20. Process Unit Startup.
21. Abnormal Situations.
22. Process Troubleshooting.