Request for consultation
Give your students the professional communication skills needed for success throughout their education and careers with ILLUSTRATED COURSE GUIDES: WRITTEN COMMUNICATION - SOFT SKILLS FOR A DIGITAL WORKPLACE, 3E. Part of the acclaimed ILLUSTRATED SOFT SKILLS SERIES, this book, like all others in the series makes it easy to teach students the written communication and other essential soft skills necessary to succeed in today’s competitive workplace. This text delves into the importance of effective and professional written communication -- from creating professional documentation to E-mail correspondence.
- UPDATES ADDRESS TODAY’S MOST RELEVANT AND VALUABLE SOFT SKILLS WITH AN EMPHASIS ON WRITTEN COMMUNICATION. All content prepares students for success in today’s 21st century workplace.
- THIS EDITION EMPLOYS THE ILLUSTRATED SERIES' POPULAR, READER-FRIENDLY PRESENTATION. Short, focused text emphasizes the key soft skills your students need to succeed in today’s technological workplace.
- PROVIDES TIMELESS INSIGHTS INTO CRITICAL WRITTEN COMMUNICATION SKILLS. This book highlights communication skills that make students more marketable to companies and that are necessary for success in today’s professional world.
- COMPLEMENTS ANY COURSE. You can seamlessly integrate this book’s modular content into virtually any existing courses or use this book as a primary text for short courses or workshops.
1. Understanding E-Mail Messages and Memos.
2. Composing the Main Elements of Messages.
3. Creating Professional E-Mail Messages.
4. Constructing Professional Memos.
5. Writing Request Messages.
6. Writing Response Messages.
7. Writing Bad-News Messages.
8. Writing Documentation Messages.
Part II: Uncovering the Secrets of Clear Writing.
9. Clarifying Written Communication.
10. Writing Solid Sentences.
11. Developing Effective Paragraphs.
12. Mastering Punctuation.
13. Laying Out Your Documents.
14. Illustrating Data.
15. Adding Tables and Figures to Documents.
16. Proofreading and Revising.
Part III: Developing Reports and Proposals.
17. Understanding Reports and Proposals.
18. Planning a Report or Proposal.
19. Writing the Beginning.
20. Writing the Body.
21. Creating the End Matter.
22. Writing Short Reports.
23. Writing Proposals.
24. Citing Sources.
Part IV: Writing for Employment.
25. Understanding Job Searches.
26. Writing Effective Cover Letters.
27. Planning Resumes.
28. Writing Chronological Resumes.
29. Writing Functional Resumes.
30. Requesting Letters of Reference.
31. Sending Follow-Up Messages.
32. Accepting or Rejecting Job Offers.
Part V: Writing Professional Letters.
33, Understanding Professional Letter Writing.
34. Writing Business Letters.
35. Using Salutations.
36. Closing Business Letters.
37. Writing Routine Letters.
38. Answering Request Letters.
39. Writing Persuasive Letters.
40. Writing for Goodwill.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero Instant Access