Request for consultation
Motivate your students as they learn C++ with this book’s distinctive, proven emphasis on fundamental programming skills. Written by popular technology author Diane Zak, AN INTRODUCTION TO PROGRAMMING WITH C++, 8E adopts a unique, student-focused approach. Memorable new examples throughout this edition capture the student’s attention and demonstrate programming principles in action. A wealth of new hands-on exercises, including mini-quizzes, labs, and "Try This" features, give your students the opportunity to absorb, practice, and apply concepts as they progress. Trust AN INTRODUCTION TO PROGRAMMING WITH C++, 8E to provide the solid foundation your students need while keeping them enthusiastic about mastering critical C++ skills.
- ANSWERS.PDF FILE PROVIDES ADDITIONAL OPPORTUNITIES FOR MEANINGFUL PRACTICE. Your students can now check their understanding of key problems. Answers to this edition’s Mini-Quizzes and Labs are now contained in an Answers.pdf file, available to students at CengageBrain.com.
- NEW VIDEOS FOR EACH CHAPTER FURTHER CLARIFY AND BUILD UPON KEY CONCEPTS. Engaging, brief videos further explain or expand upon the concepts presented in each chapter. The videos can be downloaded at CengageBrain.com and are available in a variety of formats with captivating visual support, including meaningful animations, engaging lectures, and screen captures that display code.
- NEW VIDEO AND PDF FILES DESCRIBE HOW TO USE VARIOUS COMPILERS. New videos show students how to install different C++ compilers, including Visual C++ 2015. In addition, new PDF files demonstrate how to use those compilers to complete the Labs in Chapters 4 and 5. Both the videos and PDF files are available for convenient download at CengageBrain.com.
- NEW LAB ACTIVITIES CHALLENGE STUDENTS TO CRITICALLY EVALUATE PROGRAMMING INSTRUCTIONS. Each chapter includes a new lab, called "What’s Missing?" As part of this lab, students must determine which instructions are missing in a program. Before they can do this, they must put the existing instructions in the proper order.
- APPENDICES PROVIDE HELPFUL, TIME-SAVING INFORMATION. Appendix C lists common syntax errors made by students, while Appendix D guides students to the helpful "How To" boxes.
- ENGAGING VISUALS EFFECTIVELY USE CHARTS AND EXAMPLES TO CLARIFY CONCEPTS. Known for its highly visual style, this edition makes extensive use of flowcharts, IPO charts, and code examples throughout each chapter to clarify and illustrate key concepts at a glance.
- END-OF-CHAPTER EXERCISES PROVIDE A VARIETY OF WORKING EXPERIENCES FOR READERS TO PRACTICE SKILLS. All end-of-chapter exercises are leveled and clearly identified to guide reader practice. "Try This," "Modify This," "Introductory," "Intermediate," "Advanced," and "Swat the Bugs" exercises keep practice enjoyable and interesting. Answers to "Try This" exercises at the end of each chapter offer immediate feedback for students to test their understanding, while leveled exercises demonstrate student progress.
- "WANT MORE INFO?" FILES PROVIDE ADDITIONAL EXAMPLES AND EXPANDED EXPLANATIONS OF SPECIAL INTEREST TOPICS. These distinctive "Want More Info?" notes direct readers to additional information on topics of particular interest. Notes throughout the book guide readers to PDF files available for download at CengageBrain.com. These extra PDFs contain additional examples and further explanations of topics covered in each chapter.
2. Beginning the Problem-Solving Process.
3. Variables and Constants.
4. Completing the Problem-Solving Process.
5. The Selection Structure.
6. More on the Selection Structure.
7. The Repetition Structure.
8. More on the Repetition Structure.
9. Value-Returning Functions.
10. Void Functions.
11. One-Dimensional Arrays.
12. Two-Dimensional Arrays.
14. Sequential Access Files.
15: Classes and Objects.
Appendix A: C++ Keywords.
Appendix B: ASCII Codes.
Appendix C: Common Syntax Errors.
Appendix D: "How To" Boxes.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Online Instructor's Resource Web Site
Discover everything you need for your course in one place. This collection of book-specific lecture and class tools is available with password protection. Access and download the Instructor’s Manual, PowerPoint® Slides, and other time-saving tools to guide today's learners.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero®, is a flexible, online system that allows you to import, edit, and manipulate content from the text's test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions. You can create multiple test versions in an instant and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.