Request for consultation
Introduce your students to the exemplary customer service skills that are essential in all types of organizations today with the powerful, practical and engaging presentation in Gibson's THE WORLD OF CUSTOMER SERVICE, 3rd Edition. This text demonstrates how effective customer service techniques can help your students and their organizations achieve critical goals, deal with problems and complaints, consistently exceed customer expectations, and create loyal customers. Author Pattie Gibson focuses on the strategies most important in customer service today with insights and memorable examples from practicing professionals. Several new chapters in this edition highlight how to maximize revenue and customer satisfaction, effectively solve problems and resolve complaints, and better understand the impact and potential in today's social media. Students also gain new insights into establishing their own effective customer service habits. This edition emphasizes the importance of effective global communication and collaboration techniques with a wide range of real customer-focused activities and actual business cases. The new, optional CourseMate website for this edition reinforces concepts with interactive learning tools, including a complete eBook, videos and the unique Engagement Tracker for monitoring student outcomes. Help your students develop the customer service skills essential for professionals in all areas of business today with THE WORLD OF CUSTOMER SERVICE, 3rd Edition.
- NEW CHAPTER ON CUSTOMER SERVICE STRATEGY DEMONSTRATES HOW TO MAXIMIZE REVENUE AND CUSTOMER SATISFACTION. This edition's fresh, new chapter on customer service strategy (Ch. 4) focuses on gathering customer intelligence and analyzing marketing and sales information in order to boost revenue and significantly increase customer satisfaction.
- NEW CHAPTER ON CRITICAL WORKPLACE SKILLS EMPHASIZES THE ABILITIES MOST IMPORTANT IN TODAY'S BUSINESS ENVIRONMENT. This edition offers your students a fresh look at how to most effectively manage their time and handle stress in the contemporary workplace. This new chapter (Ch. 5) also addresses anger management and teamwork and helps students improve their organizational skills.
- NEW CHAPTER ON PROBLEM SOLVING HELPS STUDENTS REFINE CRITICAL SKILLS AND STRATEGIES. A new chapter on problem solving (Ch. 6) in this edition explores the most important skills and strategies your students need for recognizing, negotiating, and effectively resolving customer complaints.
- NEW "MAKE IT A HABIT" FEATURE DEMONSTRATES SOME OF TODAY'S MOST IMPORTANT CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS. This new, engaging "Make It A Habit" feature helps your students polish some of their most important professional behaviors and project winning attitudes to effectively exemplify excellent customer service skills.
- NEW FOCUS ON SERVING GLOBAL CUSTOMERS PREPARES STUDENTS TO WORK IN TODAY'S BUSINESS WORLD. As today's business world more regularly extends across the globe, this edition has responded with a stronger emphasis throughout key chapters of the text on meeting the specific needs of and effectively servicing global customers.
- NEW CURRENT COVERAGE OF SOCIAL MEDIA EXAMINES ITS IMPACT ON CUSTOMERS TODAY. You and your students will find coverage of the latest information on the use of social media and its influence on customer decision making and customer satisfaction. Students will also learn how to most effectively use social media as a tool for reaching today's customers.
- NEW COURSEMATE ONLINE LEARNING AND STUDY TOOLS BRING CUSTOMER SERVICE CONCEPTS TO LIFE. This interactive learning, study, and exam preparation website adds another dimension to the dynamic content in this edition. You and your students find a complete interactive e-Book, captivating videos, interactive flashcards and quizzing and numerous other online teaching and learning tools to guide and encourage study. The unique Engagement Tracker allows you to monitor student interaction, comprehension, and study outcomes.
- "REMEMBER THIS" GUIDES STUDENTS IN REVIEWING AND PRACTICING KEY POINTS FROM EACH CHAPTER. This practical feature highlights key information within each chapter and serves as a useful reference tool for solving on-the-job problems.
- "CUSTOMER SERVICE TIPS" PROVIDE INSIGHTS FROM SUCCESSFUL PROFESSIONALS IN TODAY'S CUSTOMER SERVICE WORKPLACE. This text helps provide practical suggestions for your students' success in the workplace with tips, insights and advice from numerous customer service providers.
- "ETHICS/CHOICES" FEATURE PROMPTS IN-DEPTH DECISION MAKING AND MEANINGFUL DISCUSSION. As ethics increase in importance in all aspects of business, this edition prepares your students to respond to some of today's toughest ethical dilemmas in customer service. "Ethics/Choices" encourages critical thinking and provides opportunities for engaging group discussion.
- WEALTH OF PROVEN END-OF-CHAPTER PRACTICE AND ACTIVITIES HELP STUDENTS APPLY THE SKILLS THEY'VE LEARNED. This edition provides a wide variety of useful Cases as well as Internet Research, Communication Skills, and Decision-making Activities. You'll find a wealth of opportunities for your students to apply the concepts from the text, hone their critical thinking skills and practice the skills they've learned in customer service.
- "BUSINESS IN ACTION" FEATURE KICKS OFF EACH CHAPTER WITH A DYNAMIC LOOK AT CONCEPTS IN PRACTICE WITHIN A REAL ORGANIZATION. Each chapter draws your students into the content by beginning with an engaging look at customer service principles at work within one of today's actual companies. Your students closely examine how the organization handles customer service issues related to the chapter's content.
- "FOCUS ON BEST PRACTICES" FEATURE HIGHLIGHTS TODAY'S MOST SUCCESSFUL SKILLS AND TECHNIQUES. Useful "Focus on Best Practices" features throughout this edition emphasize some of today's best practices, career choices, and leadership and management techniques that are used in real customer service situations.
1. What is Customer Service?
2. The Global Customer.
3. Exceptional Customer Service.
4. Customer Service Strategy.
Part II: ESSENTIAL CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS.
5. Critical Workplace Skills.
6. Problem Solving.
7. Extreme Customers and Customer Retention.
8. Managing Customer Service.
Part III: COMMUNICATION SKILLS.
9. Communication Essentials.
10. Customer-Focused Listening.
11. Nonverbal Communication, Dress, and Manner.
12. Phone and Digital Communication.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Resource CD-ROM
Place the resources you need to teach this course at your fingertips with this all-in-one CD-ROM. You'll find teaching suggestions for each chapter and an invaluable, time-saving syllabus. The convenient ExamView® electronic test bank lets you to customize tests in minutes and automatically grade answers. Dynamic PowerPoint® presentations for each chapter help bring lectures to life with meaningful images to support your lectures.
Career Readiness CourseMate with eBook Instant Access Code
Engaging, trackable and affordable, CourseMate for THE WORLD OF CUSTOMER SERVICE, 3rd Edition brings course concepts to life with interactive learning, study, and exam preparation tools that support this printed text. Watch student comprehension soar as this textbook-specific website goes beyond the book to deliver an interactive eBook and interactive teaching and learning tools, including quizzes, flashcards, videos and more. Engagement Tracker, a first-of-its-kind tool, monitors student engagement in your course.
Career Readiness CourseMate with eBook Instant Access Code
Cengage Learning's CourseMate brings course concepts to life with interactive learning, study, and exam preparation tools that support the printed textbook. Maximize your course success with the integrated eBook and chapter-specific learning tools that include flashcards, quizzes, videos, and more in your CourseMate. Key Features: Interactive eBook, Engagement Tracker, Learning Objectives, Tutorial Quizzes, Glossary and Flashcards, and Web Links and References.