Request for consultation
Help students discover the benefits of an active, healthy lifestyle with PRINCIPLES AND LABS FOR PHYSICAL FITNESS, 10th Edition! Emphasizing behavioral modification approaches, husband-and-wife fitness gurus Werner and Sharon Hoeger challenge students to improve their lives with cardiovascular exercise, strength training, better nutrition, weight management, and overall wellness. Thoughtfully written with a variety of learning features, PRINCIPLES AND LABS FOR PHYSICAL FITNESS, 10th Edition guides students toward adopting healthy behaviors with "My Profile" and "Behavior Modification Planning" boxes, test-test questions, exercise videos, online labs, and other helpful tools. Whether your students choose a traditional text or interactive eBook, the road to achieving and maintaining personal health and wellness goals has never been so easy to follow.
- New MindTap™ CourseMode: This online learning platform combines readings, labs, videos, activities, and assessments into one convenient learning path that guides students through the course. Instructors personalize the course with customized Cengage Learning content and tools, or by adding outside content of their choosing.
- Hot Fitness Trends: Completely updated, PRINCIPLES AND LABS FOR PHYSICAL FITNESS, 10th Edition provides the latest statistics, research, and trends on key health and fitness topics today, such as heart disease, life expectancy, health care costs, drug use, sedentary lifestyle, exercise therapy, and more.
- Added Muscular Fitness: An all new Chapter 7 describes the muscles, along with guidelines for maintaining their general health, strength, and endurance, to give students a thorough overview of this key bodily system.
- "How-To" Help: A feature of all Hoeger health books, "Behavior Modification Planning" boxes in the readings show students how to effectively transition from current habits to the healthy behaviors that will improve their lives.
- Inspiring Narratives: "Real Life Stories" in each chapter share personal accounts from students who made positive health changes in their own lives, along with their failures, successes, and strategies.
- Engaging FAQ's: A "Frequently Asked Questions" section at the start of each chapter compels students to read on and connect with key fitness topics.
- Practical Problems: "Critical Thinking" questions in the text ask students to do the heavy lifting by applying new skills and working through problems.
- Handy Practice: More labs than any other fitness text help make this text a market favorite. Plus, perforated pages and an online MindTap™ version makes assigning them light work for both students and instructors.
2. Behavior Modification.
3. Nutrition for Wellness.
4. Body Composition.
5. Weight Management.
6. Cardiorespiratory Endurance.
7. Muscular Fitness: Strength and Endurance.
8. Muscular Flexibility.
9. Skill Fitness and Fitness Programming.
10. Stress Assessment and Management Techniques.
11. A Healthy Lifestyle.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero Instant Access