Request for consultation
When you expect simple, straightforward explanations for real-world plumbing scenarios, look no further than PLUMBING 101, 6th EDITION. This book is the first-year title in a four-year series of plumbing apprentice training books developed in partnership with the Plumbing-Heating-Cooling Contractors (PHCC) Educational Foundation. The series takes a spiral approach to address critical plumbing concepts, in which topics are introduced in the first year book, and are revisited in more detail in subsequent books in the series. This is ideal for anyone new to the field, as it mimics the most common learning experience: as plumbing apprentices and professionals gain more field experience, they gain more in-depth knowledge. This first book encompasses both residential and commercial plumbing, with core content centering around basic plumbing principles and codes. Updates to the sixth edition include new sections on brazing safety procedures and water heaters, expanded content on plumbing rough-in practices and career path possibilities, and updates throughout to reflect emerging topics and technology in the plumbing field. The end result is a foundational book for new plumbing apprentices or professionals with more value than ever. Check out our app, DEWALT® Mobile Pro™. This free app is a construction calculator with integrated reference materials and access to hundreds of additional calculations as add-ons. To learn more, visit dewalt.com/mobilepro.
- Expanded coverage of critical topics in a plumber's everyday work and career, from plumbing rough-in practices to career path options.
- All-new coverage of subjects including water heaters and brazing safety procedures.
- Reorganized chapters allow for a smoother flow of ideas and concepts, and an enhanced learning experience.
- Detailed illustrations clarify key concepts and facilitate the mastery of critical information.
- Emphasis on real-world applications enables students to fully grasp the sometimes complex theory and codes that can be overwhelming otherwise.
- Simple, straightforward explanations that use industry terminology familiarize students with important, up-to-date language that is used regularly in the field.
2. Tools of the Plumbing Trade.
3. First Aid and Safety.
4. Basic Math for Plumbing.
5. Water Supply, Water Sources, Waste Disposal, and Sewage Disposal.
6. Mechanical Properties and Protection of Building Materials and Structures.
7. Piping Materials Used in Plumbing Work.
8. Joining Methods for DWV and Pressure Piping.
9. Squares, Square Roots, and Basic Geometry.
10. Plumbing Fixtures.
11. Faucets and Related Devices.
13. Water Heaters.
14. Building Plans, Drawings, and Scale Rulers.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
With practical, hands-on knowledge of the real-world issues that face plumbing professionals, Plumbing 201, 5E presents the second installment in our four-part plumbing training series. This resource was developed in partnership with the PHCC Educational Foundation Plumbing Apprentice and Journeyman Training Committee. A team of subject matter experts including contractors, teachers and code experts developed the curriculum to provide an industry-oriented approach. Writers with a background in the trade and teaching produced the content. Plumbing 201, 5E builds upon the fundamentals covered in Plumbing 101, 5E. This product offers an introduction to piping materials, sources, distribution for potable water, water pipe sizing, cross-connection protection, and water heaters. Coverage then progresses to sewage disposal, drainage fixture units, building drains, and stacks. The revised 5th edition features all-new code and safety sidebars to emphasize key code and safety information throughout the book. Using a clear, straightforward writing style and realistic examples that encourage readers to apply what they learn, this book is a proven resource for anyone entering or working in the plumbing industry. Check out our app, DEWALT® Mobile Pro™. This free app is a construction calculator with integrated reference materials and access to hundreds of additional calculations as add-ons. To learn more, visit dewalt.com/mobilepro.
All-You-Can-Learn Access with Cengage Unlimited
Cengage Unlimited is the first-of-its-kind digital subscription that gives students total and on-demand access to all the digital learning platforms, ebooks, online homework and study tools Cengage has to offer—in one place, for one price. Students get unlimited access to a library of more than 22,000 products for $119.99 per term.