Request for consultation
Teach your students how to use the PL/SQL programming language effectively as you introduce them to one of the most popular and widely used software programs in large companies: Oracle® 11g. Casteel's ORACLE 11g: PL/SQL PROGRAMMING, 2E, uses Oracle 11g to give students an overview of the PL/SQL programming language. It's the only book of its kind designed specifically for classroom use and certification preparation with instructional support resources and student assignments. The author begins with a step-by-step expanded introduction to fundamental PL/SQL concepts before progressing to writing and testing PL/SQL code. This edition also covers more advanced topics, such as dynamic SQL and compound triggers, as well as important developments in bulk processing, PL/SQL compiler features, and hiding source code. Updates throughout reflect the latest Oracle 11g release, and figures and examples are shown in the user-friendly SQL Developer tool. The book is written from a developer's perspective to focus on the PL/SQL component of Oracle, using numerous real-world examples and a straightforward writing style. This book, and a complete instructor support package, offers the resources you need to help students prepare for the new Oracle certification exam or simply master the PL/SQL programming language with Oracle.
- THREE DATABASES EXPAND CHOICES FOR CLASS PRACTICE. This edition offers three databases that extend your selection for class practice questions. A new database has been added to this edition with corresponding assignments that focus on how a charitable organization tracks donations efficiently.
- THE LATEST EXAMPLES AND FIGURES THROUGHOUT THIS EDITION NOW INCORPORATE THE SQL DEVELOPER TOOL. The updated examples and figures throughout this edition show the user-friendly SQL Developer tool, which is free from Oracle. This interface is much easier than SQL*Plus for students to use.
- EXPANDED COVERAGE OF PL/SQL FUNDAMENTALS COMBINES WITH NEW COVERAGE OF THE LATEST PL/SQL TOPICS. This edition offers your students even more coverage on important fundamentals to give them solid background needed for working with Oracle and certification. Additional new coverage explains important developments in bulk processing, compound triggers, PL/SQL compiler features (such as parameters, warnings, and conditional compilation), and hiding source code.
- ONLINE APPENDIXES INTRODUCE SOME COMMON PL/SQL TOOLS USED TODAY AND ADDITIONAL TOPICS BEYOND CERTIFICATION. Useful appendixes in this edition give you the choice to introduce some common tools used to develop PL/SQL programs, including the new Oracle® SQL Developer and the ever-popular TOAD (Tool for Oracle® Application Developers). Additional appendixes introduce SQL*Loader, statement tuning, and object technology concepts.
- IN-CHAPTER EXERCISES AND HANDS-ON ASSIGNMENTS GIVE STUDENTS IMPORTANT OPPORTUNITIES FOR PRACTICE. Varied in-chapter exercises and a wealth of hands-on assignments throughout this edition give your students numerous opportunities to better understand and apply the material covered in each chapter.
- STEP-BY-STEP TUTORIALS DIVIDE CONCEPTS INTO UNDERSTANDABLE SEGMENTS. To make sure all readers gain a thorough understanding of even the most challenging PL/SQL concepts, the author breaks down difficult concepts into smaller, more comprehensible pieces by using a step-by-step tutorial approach.
- CONTINUING CASE PROJECTS PLACE CONCEPTS INTO A MEANINGFUL CONTEXT FOR READERS. In addition to regular case projects, every chapter has a continuing case project involving a hypothetical movie rental company to show how chapter topics are applied and prepare readers to use concepts in real-life business settings.
- A UNIQUE APPROACH TAILORED FOR CLASSROOM USE AND CERTIFICATION PREPARATION GIVES YOU CRITICAL INSTRUCTIONAL TOOLS. This is the only book covering PL/SQL and Oracle® 11g concepts that is designed specifically for classroom use and certification preparation. For this reason, you'll find a wealth of useful instructor resources, including a variety of student assignments and presentation materials for your classroom use.
- THE CONTENT MIRRORS TOPICS NEEDED FOR SUCCESS ON THE LATEST PL/SQL ORACLE® CERTIFICATION EXAM. This edition addresses all the topics needed to prepare for the PL/SQL Oracle certification exam, including content reflected in the new Oracle® 11g exam.
- COMBINING THE SQL AND PL/SQL BOOKS IN THIS SUCCESSFUL SERIES PREPARES READERS FOR ALL TESTING NEEDED TO BECOME ORACLE CERTIFIED. By combining the instructional approach and content in both the SQL and PL/SQL books in this series, your students have all the information needed for the two certification tests required to become an OCA (Oracle® Certified Associate).
2. Basic PL/SQL Block Structures.
3. Handling Data in PL/SQL Blocks.
4. Cursors and Exception Handling.
7. PL/SQL Packages.
8. Dependencies, Privileges, and Compilation.
9. Database Triggers.
10. Oracle-Supplied Packages, Dynamic SQL, and Hiding Source Code.
A. Tables for the Brewbean's Database.
B. Oracle Installation and Using Oracle SQL Developer.
C. TOAD (Tool for Oracle Application Developers).
D. Statement Tuning.
E. SQL*Loader Utility.
F. An Introduction to Object Technology.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Resource CD-ROM
Find all of the teaching and preparation resources you need at your fingertips with this convenient all-in-one-source. The Instructor's Resource CD (IRCD) contains easy-to-access Figure Files, PowerPoint® presentations, complete syllabus, invaluable Instructor's Manual, time-saving Solutions Manual, ExamView™ testbanks and software, and Data Files.