Request for consultation
Unlike other Money and Banking texts, where the discussion of the macroeconomy is left to the end in a confusing blur of IS-LM and AS-AD models, Brandl’s MONEY, BANKING, FINANCIAL MARKETS AND INSTITUTIONS examines the macroeconomy early. The author does so in a clear concise manner using only the AS-AD framework. With the recent economic crisis as a backdrop, the book demonstrates links between the macroeconomic course work that students have just completed and your money and banking course. While other similar books gloss over important topics, such as money markets and investments, this text examines these markets and entities using an interesting, thought-provoking approach. The author goes beyond merely describing these market and institutions to bring these concepts to life by examining the economic foundations of these markets and the controversies within them. Accompanying MindTap® with Aplia online tools further enhance the book’s student-oriented approach.
- MINDTAP® WITH Aplia OFFERS DIGITAL LEARNING SOLUTIONS THAT ENSURE COMPREHENSION. MindTap® helps you transform today's students into critical thinkers. Through personalized assignments and applications, real-time course analytics and an accessible reader, MindTap® helps you turn apathy into engagement and memorizers into higher-level thinkers. In addition, Aplia improves outcomes and promotes critical thinking by increasing student engagement. Interactive assignments connect concepts to the real world while auto-graded homework ensures students come to class prepared.
- BOOK OFFERS APPROACHABLE, STUDENT-ORIENTED WRITING STYLE. This engaging book reads much more like a conversation than a lecture. The author presents material in a unique way to foster discussion, contemplation and debate as opposed to simple memorization and regurgitation.
- DIGITAL ASSETS REINFORCE KEY CONCEPTS FROM THE BOOK. A variety of digital assets available online through MindTap® offer students a numerous opportunities to review and apply important course material in a dynamic, appealing way.
- CONCEPT CLIPS ANIMATE KEY PRINCIPLES FOR CLARIFICATION. Short, fast paced, entertaining animations highlight important concepts and ensure retention.
- WHITEBOARD EXPLANATIONS CLARIFY CRITICAL CONCEPTS. These fast-paced explanations of equations give students clarification that they can view repeatedly.
- SOUND BITS PROVIDES STRATEGIC AUDIO REVIEW. For students who prefer audio reinforcement, this book offers helpful Sound Bits with reviews of crucial material for students.
- COGNERO® ONLINE TESTING SAVES YOU TIME EXAM PREPARATION AND GRADING. Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero®, provides a flexible, online system that allows you to import, edit, and manipulate content from the book's test bank or another source, including your own favorite test questions. You can create multiple test versions in an instant and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.
- FULL SUITE OF INSTRUCTOR SUPPLEMENTS ASSISTS IN EFFICIENT CLASS PREPARATION. You will find an invaluable Instructor's Manual, online testing, and numerous PowerPoint® slides.
1. Introduction and Overview.
2. Money, Money Supply and Interest.
3. Bonds, Loanable Funds & Interest Rates.
4. Interest Rates in More Detail.
Part II: MONEY AND OVERALL ECONOMY.
5. Financial Markets through Time.
6. Aggregate Supply & Aggregate Demand.
7. Banks and Money.
Part III: CENTRAL BANKS.
8. Central Banks.
9. Monetary Policy Tools.
10. The Money Supply Process.
11. Monetary Policy & Debates.
Part IV: THE BANKING SYSTEM.
12. Bank Management.
13. Bank Risk Management & Performance.
14. Banking Regulation.
Part V: FINANCIAL MARKETS.
15. Money Markets.
16. Bond Markets.
17. Stock Market & Efficiency.
18. Mortgage Market.
Part VI: GLOBAL FINANCIAL MARKETS.
20. Global Financial Architecture.
Part VII: FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS.
21. Thrifts and Finance Companies.
22. Insurance and Pensions.
23. Mutual Funds.
24. Investment Banks and Private Equity.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Find everything you need in one place. The Instructor's password-protected section of this website contains electronic versions of the Instructor's Manual, Test Bank in Word, PowerPoint® Lecture Slides and Exhibit Slides, Supplemental Case Studies, and the Teaching Assistance Manual.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero®, Instant Access for Brandl's Money, Banking, Financial Markets and Institutions
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero®, is a flexible, online system that allows you to import, edit, and manipulate content from the text's test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions. Create multiple test versions in an instant and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.