Request for consultation
Easy to read yet technically precise, MODERN DIESEL TECHNOLOGY: HEATING, VENTILATION, AIR CONDITIONING, AND REFRIGERATION, 2nd Edition is the text of choice for many of the country’s best diesel technology programs. Detailing the foundations of truck heating, air conditioning, engine cooling, and truck-trailer refrigeration, the book integrates modern technical terms with photos that clearly demonstrate typical, on-the-job tasks in logical sequence. Coverage includes an entire section on thermodynamics, as well as solid instruction on safety, equipment, components, troubleshooting, performance testing, maintenance, and even the history of HVAC/R in the diesel trucking industry. Enhanced with photos, drawings, and self-testing questions in each chapter, MODERN DIESEL TECHNOLOGY: HEATING, VENTILATION, AIR CONDITIONING, AND REFRIGERATION, 2nd Edition delivers the technical accuracy and depth of HVAC/R information not found in any other text.
- New Coach Chapter: This all-new chapter details how the latest large bus air conditioning systems function, along with troubleshooting and maintenance procedures.
- EPA Standards: Advise students on proper refrigerant handling with these current EPA updates, and help technicians avoid penalties for non-compliance with environmental laws.
- Timely Updates: As requested by reviewers, MODERN DIESEL TECHNOLOGY: HEATING, VENTILATION, AIR CONDITIONING, AND REFRIGERATION, 2nd Edition has been thoroughly updated, including all-new discussions on the industry’s latest technological advances.
- Improved Questions: Overhauled for the 2nd Edition, revised end-of-chapter review questions and answers prepare future technicians with pinpoint accuracy.
- Ideal Coverage: Unique sections on today’s transport refrigeration equipment, supplemental truck heating and cooling, and other modern-day issues make MODERN DIESEL TECHNOLOGY: HEATING, VENTILATION, AIR CONDITIONING, AND REFRIGERATION, 2nd Edition a key resource in any training setting.
- The instructor’s manual offers a complete correlation to the NATEF tasks presented in the coverage of the each chaper.
- Background Physics: A full chapter on thermodynamics theory gives students the understanding of basic physics they need to thrive in their HVAC/R diesel technician training.
- Unmatched Coverage: Chapters cover AC components, refrigeration, engine cooling systems, climate control, and all aspects of refrigeration equipment, as well as service procedures, troubleshooting, performance testing, and maintenance. No competing text offers so many topics with such depth!
- Step-by-Step Guidance: Helpful photographs and line art depict major HVAC and refrigeration systems, while simple terminology and product-specific examples support student learning further.
2. Environmental and Safety Practices.
4. Air Conditioning Components: Compressor, Condenser, and Receiver-Drier
5. Air-Conditioning Components: Metering Devices, Evaporator, Accumulator
6. Air Conditioning Systems.
7. Service Procedures.
8. Truck Engine Cooling Systems.
9. Climate Control/Supplemental Truck Heating/Cooling.
10. Trouble Shooting.
11. APAds/ACPU Air Conditioning Control Systems (Air Conditioning Protection Unit).
12. Coach Air Conditioning.
13. Truck Trailer Refrigeration Equipment .
14. Truck Trailer Refrigeration Components.
15. Truck Trailer Refrigerant Flow Control.
16. Truck Trailer Refrigeration Electrical Components.
17. Truck Trailer Refrigeration Maintenance Procedures.