Request for consultation
Introduce exciting opportunities and challenges in technology with Schwalbe's INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY PROJECT MANAGEMENT, 8E. This unique book demonstrates principles distinctive to managing information technology (IT). No book offers more insights and software tools for IT project management success, including updates that reflect the latest PMBOK® Guide, 5E. This edition weaves theory with successful practices for an integrated focus on the concepts, tools, and techniques that are most effective today. This is the only text to apply all 10 project management knowledge areas to IT projects. Students master skills in project integration, scope, time, cost, quality, human resource, communications, risk, procurement, and stakeholder management as well as all five process groups -- initiating, planning, executing, monitoring and controlling, and closing. Intriguing examples, MindView software, and a guide to Microsoft® Project 2013 help students refine their marketable skills.
- NEW RUNNING CASE REINFORCES CONCEPTS IN THE BOOK AND ONLINE. A new continuing case is provided at the end of Chapters 4-13 (which encompass the 10 knowledge area chapters.) You can assign this ongoing case to reinforce application of key concepts. For your flexibility, the ongoing case, "Manage Your Health", from the previous edition is provided online along with several additional running cases.
- ADDITIONAL EXERCISES THROUGHOUT THE PRINTED TEXT PROVIDE EXTRA PRACTICE. Updated and new exercises in this edition enhance student learning and give you more options for assigning exercises as in-class work or out-of-class homework.
- NEW, UPDATED EXAMPLES FROM FAMILIAR LEADING ORGANIZATIONS ILLUSTRATE PROJECT MANAGEMENT IN ACTION. New examples highlight IT project management at work in real companies that students will recognize from the news. These timely, relevant examples illustrate the book’s real-world applications and emphasize the impact of key project management concepts.
- THE LATEST RESEARCH IS INTEGRATED THROUGHOUT. Many studies conducted during recent years emphasize emerging developments related to IT project management. Timely studies are summarized and cited throughout this edition.
- COURSEMATE SITE OFFERS ADDITIONAL LEARNING SUPPORT FOR STUDENT SUCCESS. This interactive website helps your students make the most of their study time with additional, valuable information technology project management content available through CengageBrain.com.
- FRESH EXAMPLES, LEARNING FEATURES, AND CASES PROVIDE CONTEMPORARY PRACTICE. Students gain important practice for the business world with engaging exercises, ongoing cases and updated learning features, including What Went Right?, What Went Wrong?, Best Practice, Media Snapshot, and Global Issues features. In addition, the Preface highlights additional resources, such as additional running cases, advice for certification, and details on several project management simulation tools available.
- FULL INSTRUCTOR RESOURCE PACKAGE OFFERS TIME-SAVING PREPARATION AND TEACHING SOLUTIONS. Discover the time-saving resources you need to create a dynamic course with this book's complete supplement package. Online resources include an Instructor's Manual, Solutions Manual, PowerPoint® slides, ExamView® test bank, Syllabi, Student Data Files and CourseMate Premium Website.
- DETAILED GUIDE FOR USING MICROSOFT® PROJECT 2013 DEMONSTRATES HOW TO MAXIMIZE THIS TOOL. Students who are interested can find a complete, detailed guide for using Microsoft® Project 2013 within Appendix A.
- THOROUGH, TIMELY COVERAGE PREPARES STUDENTS FOR SUCCESS ON-THE-JOB AND ON CERTIFICATION EXAMS. This book carefully details content that is ideal both in preparing students for successful careers in IT Project Management as well as in equipping them with insights important for excelling on the certification exams.
- ONGOING CASES AND ONLINE TEMPLATES PROVIDE IMPORTANT HANDS-ON PRACTICE. Students can view principles in action with continuing contemporary cases. Students also learn to use existing time-saving online templates.
2. The Project Management and Information Technology Context.
3. The Project Management Process Groups: A Case Study.
4. Project Integration Management.
5. Project Scope Management.
6. Project Time Management.
7. Project Cost Management.
8. Project Quality Management.
9. Project Human Resource Management.
10. Project Communications Management.
11. Project Risk Management.
12. Project Procurement Management.
13. Project Stakeholder Managements.
Appendix A. Guide to Using Microsoft Project 2013.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero®, is a flexible, online system that allows you to import, edit, and manipulate content from the text's test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions. You can create multiple test versions in an instant and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want. Each test bank includes a wide range of question types at varying difficulty levels, covering all sections within all chapters.
CourseMate™, 1 term (6 months) Instant Access
CourseMate brings course concepts to life with interactive learning, study, and exam preparation tools, including flashcards and quizzes that support the printed textbook.
CourseMate™, 1 term (6 months) Instant Access
The more you study, the better the results. Make the most of your study time by accessing everything you need to succeed in one place. Read your textbook, take notes, review flashcards, watch videos, and take practice quizzes online with CourseMate.