Request for consultation
FUNDAMENTALS OF LAW OFFICE MANAGEMENT, Fifth Edition delivers the skills and knowledge that paralegals and office administrators need to keep a law office running smoothly. In addition to an overview of the legal industry and the many roles paralegals play, the book takes an in-depth look at how legal environments differ from other businesses, including the ethical issues employees face. Discussions on law-specific office functions, such as managing the client funds account, timekeeping, docketing, and maintaining a law library help paralegals understand the scope of a legal practice, while chapters on technology, client relations, and billing reveal the business side. Real-world profiles and scenarios put the student in the workplace and offer the opportunity to face issues and test problem-solving approaches. FUNDAMENTALS OF LAW OFFICE MANAGEMENT, FifthEdition enhances its practical, current, and skills-focused approach with new material on technology in the law office, including cloud computing and social networking. In-text learning features include new analysis problems, study/review questions and "Cybersites Features" that support interactive learning and retention of new text materials.
- Updated Technology: Keeping pace with ever-changing advances, FUNDAMENTALS OF LAW OFFICE MANAGEMENT, Fifth Editiont includes detailed coverage of the technology used in a law practice, including Web-based applications and cloud computing.
- Social Networking: A new section on social networking in the legal environment highlights this growing trend, along with critical differences between law practice and traditional business in terms of marketing, ethics, and fiduciary duties.
- Revised Graphics: Updated and enhanced throughout, the book's colorful illustrations, examples, Web resources, exhibits, tables, and charts add visual context to lessons while helping readers see their roles and responsibilities in the workplace.
- Added Practice: New analysis problems, study features, review questions, and supplemental Internet tools enhance reader retention and build practical skills.
- Critical Technology Coverage: Throughout FUNDAMENTALS OF LAW OFFICE MANAGEMENT, Fifth Edition5e , chapters address technology applications, their uses, and how they affect the practice of law.
- Professional Profiles: Real-world profiles of working paralegals and law office administrators depict the roles, duties, and challenges of the legal environment today.
- Fictional Firms: These stories inject materials from the chapters into a fictitious law firm to illustrate realistic issues, solutions, and problem-solving approaches.
- "Cyber Sites" Features: Useful for research assignments, these discussions point readers to current resources and examples on the Internet.
- "Examples for Discussion": Highlighting thought-provoking issues, these examples stimulate class discussions, provide a foundation for individual and group projects, and broaden reader horizons on a wide variety of practice management topics.
2. The Legal Team.
3. Personnel Relations.
4. The Attorney-Client Relationship.
5. Legal Assistant Ethics and Client Relations.
6. Legal Fees.
8. Billing and Financial Management.
9. Managing the Clients' Funds Account.
10. Technology in the Law Office.
11. Law Office Systems.
12. Docket Control Systems.
13. Records and File Management.
14. Law Library Organization and Management.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Resource CD-ROM
The Instructor Resources includes a newly-revised PowerPoint® presentation for each core textbook chapter, computerized test bank in ExamView, Instructor's Manual, sample syllabus, answers to questions in the chapters, and other text-specific resources.
Online Instructor's Manua
Bringing a wealth of resources to your fingertips, the Instructor Website includes the Instructor's manual, Computerized testbank, and PPTs.