Request for consultation
Introduce the latest developments in online business with the cutting-edge coverage, real examples, actual business cases, and hands-on applications found in the market-leading ELECTRONIC COMMERCE, 12E. This edition provides comprehensive coverage of emerging strategies, up-to-the-minute technologies, and the latest market developments. Students gain an understanding of the dynamics within this fast-paced industry as the book balances technological issues with the strategic business aspects of successful e-commerce. Content addresses e-commerce growth in the rapidly-developing economies of China, India, and Brazil and examines social media and online marketing strategies, technology-enabled outsourcing, and online payment processing systems. New "Learning From Failure" features draw important lessons from the experiences of actual companies. Cases featuring real company situations provide the basis for class presentations, case discussions, and extended written assignments.
- NEW CONTENT ADDRESSES TODAY’S LATEST DEVELOPMENTS IN MOBILE SALES. Students review the progress and impact that in-app advertising, mobile payment systems and mobile sales have made in business today.
- NEW CASES PROFILE ECONOMIC COMMERCE IN FAMILIAR COMPANIES. Memorable fresh cases feature principles at work in Silvercar, Progressive Insurance, Walmart, Airbnb, Uber, Moss Bros. and Apple Wallet.
- EMERGING TECHNOLOGIES ARE HIGHLIGHTED AND EXPLAINED. Students gain a solid understanding of developing innovations, including pCell mesh networking, 802.11ac WiFi, Google’s Project Loon, and commercial applications from the Semantic Web.
- ADDITIONAL RESOURCES OFFER OPPORTUNITIES FOR FURTHER INDEPENDENT STUDY. Each chapter concludes with a comprehensive list of resources that serve as a starting point for readers who want to learn more about chapter’s topics.
- ONLINE COMPANION WEBSITE REINFORCES CONCEPTS IN THE BOOK. Complementing the textbook, this helpful website includes links to robust online resources that clearly illustrate the concepts presented in the text.
- CONTENT OFFERS UNPARALLELED TECHNOLOGICAL INSIGHTS AND A GLOBAL PERSPECTIVE. This engaging edition examines how the latest technology developments and business strategies are changing today’s e-commerce.
- TEXT THOROUGHLY EXPLORES RECENT RAPID E-COMMERCE GROWTH. Students examine the advancement and impact of e-commerce in large-population, rapidly-developing countries around the world, such as China, India, and Brazil.
- THIS MARKET LEADER DELIVERS SOLID COVERAGE OF EMERGING AND EXPANDING E-COMMERCE ISSUES. Students gain an understanding of topics, such as first mover advantage and smart follower strategies, the increasing use of mobile devices in online business, the role of branding in online sales, and recent developments in legal regulation of online business. This edition also examines cloud computing, social networking, developments in micro-lending, digital wallets, online customer relationship management tools, the use of business accelerators, and more.
- ACTUAL BUSINESS CASES ENGAGE READERS WITH MEMORABLE EXAMPLES. Practical examples, such as those found in the intriguing "Learning from Failure" boxed feature, promise to captivate your students. Real examples from both successful and unsuccessful online business strategies offer intriguing insights into the struggles, accomplishments, and excitement of e-commerce today.
- CASES LET STUDENTS PUT WHAT THEY’VE LEARNED INTO ACTUAL PRACTICE. Each chapter includes two cases drawn from actual organizations that give readers hands-on experience in applying the book’s concepts to actual situations faced by real companies in business today.
- STRONG ORGANIZATION AND PROVEN LEARNING FEATURES HELP ENSURE STUDENT SUCCESS. The book’s proven presentation includes numerous effective learning features, including engaging review questions, to help students maximize their study time -- and course success.
1. Introduction to Electronic Commerce.
2. Technology Infrastructure: The Internet and the World Wide Web.
PART II: BUSINESS STRATEGIES FOR ELECTRONIC COMMERCE.
3. Selling on the Web.
4. Marketing on the Web.
5. Business-to-Business Activities: Improving Efficiency and Reducing Costs.
6. Social Networking, Mobile Commerce, and Online Auctions.
7. The Environment of Electronic Commerce: Legal, Ethical, and Tax Issues.
PART III: TECHNOLOGIES FOR ELECTRONIC COMMERCE.
8. Web Server Hardware and Software.
9. Electronic Commerce Software.
10. Electronic Commerce Security.
11. Payment Systems for Electronic Commerce.
PART IV: INTEGRATION.
12. Planning for Electronic Commerce.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Find everything you need for your course in one place. This collection of book-specific lecture and class tools is available online via www.cengage.com/login. Access and download PowerPoint® presentations, images, instructor’s manual, videos, and more.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero®, is a flexible, online system that allows you to import, edit, and manipulate content from the text's test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions. Create multiple test versions in an instant and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.
CourseMate, 1 term (6 months) Instant Access
CourseMate brings course concepts to life with interactive learning, study, and exam preparation tools that support the printed textbook.
CourseMate, 1 term (6 months) Instant Access
The more you study, the better the results. Make the most of your study time by accessing everything you need to succeed in one place. Read your textbook, take notes, review flashcards, watch videos, and take practice quizzes-online with CourseMate. Access to this product is valid for 6 months after initial log-in.