Request for consultation
This user-friendly, practical guide provides a thorough and effective introduction to the essentials of electrical grounding and bonding. Completely updated to reflect the 2017 National Electrical Code®, ELECTRICAL GROUNDING AND BONDING, Fifth Edition, features complete, current coverage of grounding and bonding requirements in both Article 250 and Chapter 5 of the NEC®. The text's detailed explanations, real-world examples, and vibrant, full-color illustrations help readers master and apply key electrical concepts, such as calculating conductor sizes, reading and interpreting NEC tables, using grounded conductor connections in DC and AC systems, managing installations and sizing, and applying "green" practices for energy efficiency and environmental sustainability. Ideal for students in degree programs, professional training, and apprenticeships such as those administered by the Independent Electrical Contractors and the electrical training ALLIANCE (formerly NJATC courses), this proven text is a must-have resource for career success.
- The Fifth Edition has been carefully revised to reflect the 2017 National Electrical Code®, enabling readers to reference accurate, up-to-date information related to relevant industry codes.
- With extensive new and updated material, the text offers complete, current coverage of grounding and bonding requirements in both Article 250 and Chapter 5 of the 2017 NEC®.
- Drawing on his extensive experience as an electrician, educator, and consultant, the author provides engaging explanations, realistic examples, and step-by-step instructions to help readers understand, apply, and master the fundamentals of electrical grounding and bonding.
- Topics include calculating conductor sizes, reading and interpreting NEC® tables, using grounded conductor connections in DC and AC systems, and managing installations and sizing.
- In addition to current regulations and requirements, the text features information on important industry trends and practices, including methods and materials designed to promote energy efficiency and environmental sustainability.
2. System Grounding.
3. Grounding Electrode System and Grounding Electrode Conductor.
4. Enclosure, Raceway, and Service Cable Connections.
6. Equipment Grounding and Equipment Grounding Conductors.
7. Methods of Equipment Grounding.
8. Grounding of Specific Equipment Covered in Chapter 5 of the NEC®.
Appendix A: Some Fundamentals of Equipment-Grounding Circuit Design.
Appendix B: Investigation and Testing of Footing-Type Grounding Electrodes for Electrical Installations.
Appendix C: Understanding Ground Resistance Testing.
Appendix D: Report of Research on Conduit Fitting Ground-Fault Current.