Request for consultation
This invaluable resource is a self-study curriculum designed for small child care businesses. It offers over 50 best practices developed by industry innovators. Child care providers learn to design effective business policies, customize contracts, set prices, keep financial and legal records, and market their business. In addition, providers learn to communicate better with parents, to establish effective business policies, to set prices, and to raise the quality of child care in their community. This comprehensive guide offers the child care provider all the information they need to run a successful business.
- Includes reproducible forms, contracts, ledgers and income statements for easy access
- Teaches basic small business management and financial skills as they apply to the child care business
- Approved for continuing education units toward NAEYC accreditation in several states
- Provides the necessary teaching tools to move from babysitting to early childhood care and education
- Focuses on best practices to put the experience of others to work for you
How To Use This Book,
Chapter 1: Communication Lesson-A Child Care Provider Bill of Rights.
Chapter 2: Business Lesson-Contracts and Policies.
Chapter 3: Communication Lesson-Eliminate Guilt!
Chapter 4: Business Lesson-Rates, Fees, and Collection.
Chapter 5: Communication Lesson-Communication Styles: Passive, Aggressive, and Assertive. Chapter 6: Business Lesson-An Effective Record Keeping System.
Chapter 7: Communication Lesson-Assertive Listening Skills.
Chapter 8: Business Lesson-Cash In, Cash Out-Where Do You Stand?
Chapter 9: Communication Lesson-Sharing Unpleasant Information With Parents.
Chapter 10: Business Lesson-Marketing Strategies.
Chapter 11: Communication Lesson-Responsibilities Of An Assertive Child Care Provider. Chapter 12: Business Lesson-Your Child Care Business Plan.
Appendix A: Glossary of Terms.
Appendix B: Sample Business Documents.
Appendix C: Reproducible Forms.
Appendix D: Library Resources.
Pre-Formatted Diskette Order Form.