Request for consultation
Created by the continuous feedback of a "student-tested, faculty-approved" process, BCOM 7 delivers a visually appealing, succinct print component, tear-out review cards for students and instructors and a consistent online offering with Enhanced CourseMate that includes an eBook in addition to a set of interactive digital tools all at a value-based price and proven to increase retention and outcomes. BCOM 7 offers expanded coverage on technology and social media, online grammar tools, extra model documents both online and in the text, abundant real world examples, and quizzes and games to make reviewing interactive and fun.
- BCOM 7 includes updated examples and figures throughout the book's 14 chapters. New discussions include: cultural intelligence; intranet, extranet and social media in technology; virtual teams and virtual meeting practices; organizational culture; cell phone use in business; social apps at work; channel consiseratins; presentation software; crisis communication; phone interviews; and an updated job hunting section with sample documents such as resumes, cover letters, applications and thank-you letters.
- The ModelDocs reference section for students, which includes many forms of business communication, such as letters, resumes, electronic messages, reports and the research process, proposals and presentations, and use of graphics in hardcopy and digital presentations, has been updated to reflect current software, trends, terminology and practice.
- Instructor Prep Cards section is also being updated to reflect material above.
- More than 40 percent new photos selected for use throughout the text.
- All of the content and resources you expect with a supplements package that is second to none including a robust instructor's manual, PowerPoint slides, test banks, and much more.
- Every 4LTR Press solution comes complete with an engaging print textbook, tear-out review cards, an interactive digital solution (Enhanced CourseMate), and an eBook all of which were directly influenced from student focus groups and surveys, and from interviews with faculty and students.
- Shorter, comprehensive chapters in a modern design present content in a more engaging and accessible format without minimizing coverage for your course.
- Tear-Out Review Cards at the back of the Student Editions provide students a portable study tool containing all of the pertinent information for class preparation.
- Instructor Prep Cards at the back of the Instructor's Edition make preparation simple with detachable cards for each chapter, offering a quick map of chapter content, a list of corresponding PowerPoint and video resources, additional examples, and suggested assignments and discussion questions to help you organize chapter content efficiently.
- Every 4LTR Press solution comes with CourseMate, the interactive digital component that offers a full suite of unique learning tools that appeal to different learning styles. Quizzes, activities, resources and more are only a click away.
1. Establishing a Framework for Business Communication.
2. Focusing on Interpersonal and Group Communication.
Part II: COMMUNICATION ANALYSIS.
3. Planning and Decision Making.
4. Preparing Written Messages.
Part III: COMMUNICATION THROUGH VOICE, ELECTRONIC, AND WRITTEN MESSAGES.
5. Communicating Electronically.
6. Delivering Good- and Neutral-News Messages.
7. DELIVERING Bad News Messages.
8. Delivering Persuasive Messages.
Part IV: COMMUNICATION THROUGH REPORTS AND BUSINESS PRESENTATIONS.
9. Understanding the Report Process and Research Methods.
10. Managing Data and Using Graphics.
11. Organizing and Preparing Reports and Proposals.
12. Designing and Delivering Business Presentations.
Part V: COMMUNICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT.
13. Preparing Résumés and Application Messages.
14. Interviewing for a Job and Preparing Employment Messages.
"My favorite things about BCOM are the variety of features in the supplements, especially the videos, Beat the Clock quiz and class handouts. This really takes the burden off the instructor having to re-invent the wheel in dealing with so many textbooks. One can easily see the amount of work and thought put into this."