Request for consultation
Compact yet more comprehensive than similar texts, WHAT CAN WE KNOW? analyzes the central topics of truth, justification ranging from skepticism to religious belief. Written in the author's friendly and conversational style without unnecessary jargon, the text makes the subject matter more accessible and inviting to students.
1. What Can We Know?
2. The Skeptical Tradition.
3. Modern Skepticism.
4. Perception: Our Knowledge of the External World.
5. What is Knowledge? An Analysis.
6. Theories of Justification (I): Foundationalism.
7. Theories of Justification (II): Coherentism and Modest Foundationalism.
8. Theories of Justification (III): Internalism and Externalism.
9. The New Externalism: The Theory of Warrant and Proper Function.
10. Naturalized Epistemology.
11. Virtue Epistemology.
12. A Priori Knowledge.
14. Other Minds.
15. The Nature of Belief.
16. Belief and Will.
17. The Ethics of Belief.
18. Belief and Acceptance.
19. Epistemology and Religious Belief.