Request for consultation
Combining computer concepts material from the best-selling Discovering Computers and step-by-step instruction on Office applications from Microsoft Office 2013, ENHANCED DISCOVERING COMPUTERS & MICROSOFT OFFICE 2013: A COMBINED FUNDAMENTAL APPROACH delivers the best of Shelly Cashman Series® in one book for your Introduction to Computers course. For the past three decades, the Shelly Cashman Series® has effectively introduced computer skills to millions of students. We're continuing our history of innovation by enhancing our proven pedagogy to engage students in more critical thought, personalization, and experimentation with Office 2013 software. In addition, computer concepts content has been fully updated and revised to reflect the evolving needs of Introductory Computing students, and focus solely on what they really need to know to be successful digital citizens in college and beyond. With these enhancements and more, the Shelly Cashman Series® continues to deliver the most effective educational materials for you and your students.
- New Student Success Guide.
- New Integrated Applications Projects Appendix.
- New SAM Projects Appendix with instructor-authored projects.
- New MOS Certification Appendix.
- New grading in SAM for the chapter projects.
- Fully updated computer concepts content plus brand new Microsoft Office 2013 skills are delivered in a single text and supported by Shelly Cashman's hallmark pedagogy.
- Emphasis on helping students understand the current trends in technology as they are applied to today's digital world.
- Proven step-by-step pedagogy and enhanced callouts within screenshots provide students with guidance each step of the way, helping them master even the most challenging skills.
- Project-based approach engages students in learning skills within a real-world context.
- Critical thinking has been expanded throughout the text. Consider This boxes throughout each chapter provide thought-provoking questions and problem-solving activities. Chapter-ending Consider This: Plan Ahead boxes and Consider This: Your Turn assignments engage students in critical thinking and problem-solving skills to create their own solutions. Plus, every student assignment ends with a question that requires students' thoughts and opinions.
- Practical technology skills, relevant security issues, and feature subject matter now appear throughout chapters where appropriate and related to chapter topics.
- New mini-roadmaps are provided throughout each chapter, visually showing students where they are in the process of completing the chapter project.
- New lab on integrating Cloud and Web technologies with Microsoft Word challenges students to use general guidelines to learn and investigate independently.
Digital Literacy: Introducing a World of Technology.
The Internet: Accessing, Searching, Sharing, and Communicating.
Computers and Mobile Devices: Evaluating the Possibilities.
Programs and Apps: Using Software at Work, School, and Home.
Digital Safety and Security: Identifying Threats, Issues, and Defenses.
Office 2013 and Windows 8: Essential Concepts and Skills.
Office 365 Essentials.
1. Creating, Formatting, and Editing a Word Document with a Picture.
2. Creating a Research Paper with References and Sources.
3. Creating a Business Letter with a Letterhead and Table.
1. Creating and Editing a Presentation with Pictures.
2. Enhancing a Presentation with Pictures, Shapes, and WordArt.
3. Reusing a Presentation and Adding Media and Animation.
1. Creating a Worksheet and a Chart.
2. Formulas, Functions, and Formatting.
3. Working with Large Worksheets, Charting, and What-If Analysis.
1. Databases and Database Objects: An Introduction.
2. Querying a Database.
Appendix A: SAM Projects.
Appendix B: Capstone Projects.
Appendix C: MOS Certification.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Web Site
Find everything you need for your course in one place. This collection of book-specific lecture and class tools is available online via www.cengage.com/login. Access and download PowerPoint® presentations, images, instructor’s manual, videos, and more.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero®, is a flexible, online system that allows you to import, edit, and manipulate content from the text’s test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions. Create multiple test versions in an instant and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.