Request for consultation
INTEGRATED BUSINESS PROJECTS, 3E is project-based learning within a business scenario setting. The projects emphasize one of the main software applications (word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, and databases), but with integration throughout. This text can be positioned to supplement any software tutorial within the computer applications curriculum. The 3rd edition is updated for Office 2007.
- Activities apply new technologies such as podcasting, blogs, digital photography, and iPhones.
- Software Reviews provide critical steps and teach users to “follow the path” of the ribbon to learn Office 2010 and 2007 commands.
- Many new jobs are added to address new technologies and new adventures beyond whitewater rafting.
- All instruction supports Microsoft Office 2007 and 2010.
- Critical Thinking questions challenge students to consider alternate solutions or analyze what they have done.
- Challenge jobs foster creative thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Projects build document processing skills and integrate many of the Microsoft core competencies throughout the text.
- Software Review and Success Tips provide shortcuts and helpful hints.
1. Preparing Marketing and Administrative Documents.
2. Creating Personnel Documents.
3. Preparing Administrative Documents.
4. Creating Materials to Promote the Company.
5. Creating Training Presentations.
6. Preparing Advertising Materials Using Desktop Publishing.
7. Desktop Publishing with Publisher.
PART II: ACCOUNTING.
8. Managing Payroll Records.
9. Managing Budgets.
10. Managing Business Travel Documents.
11. Determining Costs for Events.
12. Performing Statistical Analyses.
13. Preparing Financial Documents.
14. Creating Presentations for Independence Day Extravaganza.
PART III: OPERATIONS.
15. Managing Guides and Their Certifications.
16. Managing Equipment.
17. Managing Resort Operations.
18. Managing Information Requests.
PART IV: CAPSTONE PROJECT.
19. Preparing Materials for Bridge Day.
Appendix A: Reference Guide.
Appendix B: Computer Concepts.
"The text is very comprehensive and in-depth. This is what an integrated office course should be, with skillfully designed assignments that are real and practical and at the same time demonstrate all the useful features that Office applications offer."Xiaodong Qiao, Instructor Heald College, Honolulu, HI
"I think the text definitely helps student apply learned concepts by further clarifying them through the 'Success Tips,' 'Software Reviews,' and terminology reinforcement. I love the instant feedback given through the 'Quick Checks.' The 'Critical Thinkings' make great bell ringers and are good for a class discussion. They add meaning to the assignment."Kay Disselhoff, Instructor Winnetonka High School, Kansas City, MO
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Resource CD-ROM
Now all instructor materials are available on one convenient and easy-to-use CD. Designed to help facilitate classroom instruction, this CD has instructor files unique to the textbook. A variety of ancillaries are included to provide online resources, web-based solutions, and application files. All of these tools can help motivate students and enhance their knowledge and course appreciation. The IRCD includes teaching notes, data files, solution files, PowerPoint Presentations, Assignment Sheets, and Application Tests.