Request for consultation
ICD-10-PCS CODING SYSTEM fully prepares current and future medical coders for the transition to the ICD-10-PCS coding system that will go into effect on October 1, 2013. This comprehensive guide covers ICD-10-PCS procedure coding, highlighting changes in terminology, functionality, guidelines, and conventions. Whether you need to understand and review the impact the transition will have on the industry, or if you need to learn to assign ICD-10 codes accurately, ICD-10-PCS Coding System will prepare your students for the road ahead.
- Clear, concise analysis of terminology, structure, conventions, layout, guidelines, and instructional notes for the ICD-10-PCS procedure coding system.
- Key Terms and Definitions assist students in learning technical vocabulary.
- Practice Exercises reinforce the presented content.
- Chapter Summary encapsulates the chapter content so that students can review to make sure they understand all covered concepts.
- Chapter Review features multiple choice, matching, short answer, and coding practice questions to allow for mastery of covered concepts in a given chapter.
- Includes guidelines for using the General Equivalency Mappings (GEMs) to transition from the ICD-9-CM volume III to ICD-10-PCS.
- Instructor support materials include test bank, presentations in PowerPoint™, Instructor's Manual, WebTutor™ course management system, and more.
- StudyWare™ and 59-day trial of Ingenix EncoderPro.com—Expert included.
2. HIPAA, ARRA/HITECH, 5010 Transactions & Code Sets.
3. General Equivalency Mapping (GEMS) /MS-DRG Conversion ICD-9 to ICD-10.
4. ICD-10-PCS Introduction.
5. ICD-10-PCS Root Operations in the Medical & Surgical Section.
6. ICD-10-PCS Coding for the Medical & Surgical Section.
7. ICD-10-PCS: Obstetrics Section.
8. ICD-10-PCS: Placement, Measurement and Monitoring Sections.
9. ICD-10-PCS: Extracorporeal Sections.
10. ICD-10-PCS: Osteopathic, Chiropractic and Other Procedures Sections.
11. ICD-10-PCS Nuclear Medicine, Radiation Oncology Sections.
12. ICD-10-PCS Rehabilitation, Mental Health & Substance Abuse Sections.
CMS ICD-10 Fact Sheets.
ICD-9 to ICD-10 General Equivalency Mapping (GEMS) and Instructions.
ICD-10 ASC X12 Transaction Conversion Maps (4010A to 5010).
Section, Body Part, Approach, and Root Operation Definition Tables from ICD-10-PCS.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
The instructor's Manual serves as an instructional resource and provides teaching tips, sample course syllabi, answers to textbook exercises, learning objectives, and additional chapter exams.
Premium Website Instant Access Code