Request for consultation
This updated Sixth Edition of the best-selling real estate law text in paralegal programs takes a user-friendly, case-based approach and helps students develop a strong understanding of the role of the real estate paralegal. Offering concise, yet thorough coverage, ESSENTIALS OF PRACTICAL REAL ESTATE LAW details the transactional aspects of the law needed to assist attorneys with closing real estate purchases, sales, and mortgage loans secured by real estate. Case summaries throughout allow students to practice their analytical skills and see how concepts are applied in practice. In addition, each chapter includes practical assignments and a self-study examination, along with numerous forms and checklists that ensure students are well prepared to work as professionals in real estate. Offering up-to-date coverage of technology and the impact of the recent recession, this resource reflects the latest laws and regulations of the industry.
- NEW CASE PROBLEMS AND PRACTICAL ASSIGNMENTS provide focused hands-on practice that puts real estate concepts into action.
- REVISED CHAPTER ON TITLE INSURANCE discusses current ALTA® policy forms in depth to better prepare students to use the policy forms that have standardized current title insurance coverage.
- NEW COVERAGE OF "VIRTUAL CLOSINGS" AND "SHORT SALES" familiarizes readers with both the latest technological tools in today's real estate, as well as the increasingly common "Short Sale" alternative to foreclosure that comprises a significant percentage of today's home sales.
- UPDATED SUBSTANTIVE LAW FORMS now reflect the latest laws, duties, and regulations in real estate practice.
- CAREFULLY DEVELOPED ASSIGNMENTS help students understand concepts and practice skills.
- STRONG CASE PROBLEMS help prepare students for the day-to-day realities of working in the real estate profession.
- THE LATEST INFORMATION ON THE RECENT REAL ESTATE RECESSION includes the efforts being made by the federal and state governments to assist homeowners faced with foreclosure.
2. Concurrent Ownership.
3. Surveys and Land Descriptions.
4. Encumbrances, Easements, and Licenses.
7. Legal Aspects of Real Estate Finance.
8. Title Examinations.
9. Title Insurance.
10. Real Estate Closings.
11. Real Estate Closing Forms and Examples.
12. Condominiums and Cooperatives.
Appendix: Answers to Self-Study Examinations.
"I like the text. It is clear, concise, easy to understand, and it covers the material in a comprehensive manner. The assignments in the text are good, as are the additional features. The instructor support on line is also good. These are all things that we look at when determining whether we will adopt a textbook."
"It is a very well written treatise which contains essential elements which all legal students must know. Key concepts were addressed and well positioned in the text and all students will gain a tremendous amount of knowledge from the book."
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Online Instructor's Manual
The Instructor Companion Website includes an Instructor's Manual, Computerized Test Bank in Cognero and customizable PowerPoint® presentations. To access, please visit www.cengage.com/delmar and search by ISBN.
The Companion Website provides additional course content and study aids. To access, please visit www.cengage.com/delmar and search by ISBN.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero is a flexible, online system that allows you to: author, edit, and manage test bank content from multiple Cengage Learning solutions; create multiple test versions in an instant; deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom or wherever you want. Start right away! Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero works on any operating system or browser. No special installs or downloads needed. Create tests from school, home, the coffee shop – anywhere with Internet access. What will you find? Simplicity at every step. A desktop-inspired interface features drop-down menus and familiar, intuitive tools that take you through content creation and management with ease. Full-featured test generator. Create ideal assessments with your choice of 15 question types (including true/false, multiple choice, opinion scale/likert, and essay). Multi-language support, an equation editor and unlimited metadata help ensure your tests are complete and compliant. Cross-compatible capability. Import and export content into other systems.