Request for consultation
Based on the Constantin Stanislavki method of acting, THE ACTOR'S CHECKLIST examines Stanislavki's eight principles in an easily understood checklist format. This exciting acting guide also includes insights from other famous acting teachers, including Uta Hagen, Sanford Meisner, Lee Strasberg, Michael Chekov, and Stella Adler. Providing techniques for use in both classroom and production situations, this edition features new chapters on time, place, and history, as well as a new appendix that covers movement and vocal warmups.
- Time and Place chapters have been separated to provide clarity for the actor.
- A History chapter provides instruction on creating details of each character's backstory.
- An appendix of improvisations, games, and exercises gives the actor and teacher access to improvisations that will create inner stillness and outward alertness.
- An appendix of movement and vocal warmups helps the actor perfect his/her instrument and inhabit the body fully.
- An appendix on key terms references where they are discussed and defined within the text.
- An introduction describing the book's purpose, chapter progression, stage acting vs. film acting, and more provides students with a comprehensive overview of the text and course.
- Updated and new exercises that require little or no preparation time or props give students new opportunities to apply concepts.
- Checklists based on Stanislavski's method are included to help students build a solid foundation in acting and to inspire strong performances.
- Each chapter is loaded with practical exercises that put the acting concepts into action.
- Numerous play excerpts are included to demonstrate specific acting concepts.
4. Inner Images.
5. The Score.
7. The Place.
9. Given Circumstances.