Request for consultation
BODY STRUCTURES AND FUNCTION, 12E introduces your students to the basics required for the study of the human body and how it functions in a clear and concise manner. This book takes them from a general introduction to life functions, the terminology used to describe body parts and their locations, to an overall review of human development and body processes. Diseases and disorders are integrated within each body system chapter to link physiology with anatomy. Highlights and features that emphasize clinical applications make learning fun and engaging.
- CourseMate Available.
- Phonetic pronunciations for difficult-to-pronounce terms added to each chapter.
- New feature: One Body. Feature details how each body system works with other body systems to maintain balance).
- Includes new guidelines for CPR.
- Includes new FDA My Plate and dietary guidelines.
- Includes updated information on Medical Highlights and disease processes and treatments.
- New feature: Media link directs students to 3D anatomy, physiology, and pathophysiology animations that bring difficult concepts to life.
- New feature: Study Tools – directs students to the many tools available to support them in their study of the chapter material.
- Includes Career Profiles that provide insight into today’s hottest health care careers.
- Includes “Did You Know" boxes that features fun, interesting trivia-like facts to engage your students and Medical Highlights that provide them with the latest information on diseases, treatment and health care issues.
- Includes Effects of Aging boxes that highlight body system changes that occur as we age and Applying Theory to Practice and Case Studies that simulate experiences your students will encounter in a health care setting.
- Includes Lab Activities that bring a new interactive dimension to learning and is accompanied by a student workbook that offer additional practice through interactive quizzes and fun activities that correlate with each chapter in the book.
- Includes an Infection Control and Standard Precautions chapter that emphasizes the importance of maintaining health and safety in the health care work environment.
2. Chemistry of Living Things.
4. Tissues and Membranes.
5. Integumentary System.
6. Skeletal System.
7. Muscular System.
8. Central Nervous System.
9. Peripheral and Autonomic Nervous System.
10. Special Senses.
11. Endocrine System.
14. Circulation and Blood Vessels.
15. The Lymphatic System and Immunity.
16. Infection Control and Standard Precautions.
17. Respiratory System.
18. Digestive System.
20. Urinary/Excretory System.
21. Reproductive System.
22. Genetics and Genetically Linked Diseases.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor’s Companion Web Site
Everything you need for your course in one place! This collection of product-specific lecture and class tools is available online via the instructor resource center at www.cengage.com/login. You'll be able to access and download materials such as PowerPoint presentations, images, instructor’s manual, videos, and more.
Student Companion Web Site
This website provides a variety of resources to help students review for class, including lecture slides and animations.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero® is a flexible, online system that allows you to import, edit, and manipulate content from the text's test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions; create multiple test versions in an instant; and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.
The student workbook is design to help your students retain key chapter content. Included within this resource are chapter objective questions; key-term definition queries; and multiple choice, fill-in-the-blank, and true-or-false problems.
The student workbook is design to help you retain key chapter content. Included within this resource are chapter objective questions; key-term definition queries; and multiple choice, fill-in-the-blank, and true-or-false problems.