MindTap Smart Start Checklist
Resources to Start the New Term with Confidence
Set Up and Personalize Your Course
- Contact your Learning Consultant or Digital Solutions team member for help setting up your course.
- Review on-demand video training and documentation on our Training Resources website.
- Customize your course to match your desired learning objectives and outcomes.
- Access Educators Guides to learn more about the content available for your course.
Get Tips and Training
- If your Learning Consultant hasn’t already done so, schedule one-on-one training to learn more about your digital solution.
- Sign up for an upcoming webinar or watch a previously recorded one to learn best practices from your peers.
- Review our Best Practices Guide for more tips, tricks and advice from MindTap users.
Get the Scoop on the Most Affordable Options Available to Students
- Provide your students with information on how to access their learning materials for your course in the most cost-effective way; this may be with Cengage Unlimited .
- Cengage Unlimited is a new subscription service that gives students total access to all digital learning platforms, ebooks, online homework and study tools that Cengage has to offer—in one place, for one price. Students get unlimited all-they-can-learn access to a library of more than 22,000 products for $119.99 per term , no matter how many Cengage materials they use.
- Do you or your students have any questions about Cengage Unlimited? Find the answers here .
- Visit community.cengage.com to interact with other faculty and get advice or tips from a peer.
Design Your Syllabus to Set Students Up for Success
- Check out our Why Require? Informational Guide for tips and recommendations on how to decide your required digital grade weight.
- Include a description of MindTap in your syllabus and why it was adopted.
- Review Tips for Creating a Powerful Digital Syllabus for additional best practice tips, including information on how to get your students set up with affordable Cengage Unlimited registration options.
- Need more reason to assign MindTap ? Check out The MindTap Effect . Students grades improved 14% with MindTap .
Get Students Ready on the First Day of Class
- Share the Start Strong webpage with your students. They'll find Quick Start Guides and fun 2-minute videos demonstrating how to register and get started in MindTap .
- Encourage students to download the MindTap Mobile App .
- Make sure your students know about their purchase options; talk to your students about Cengage Unlimited , so they can make the most cost-effective decisions when purchasing materials.