How to Enter
To enter the Contest, prepare the following two files to send in your entry email:
- 300- to 500-word document in Microsoft Word format, describing your teaching technique and how it has worked for you.
- URL to a brief, five- to eight-minute video that you’ve posted to YouTube describing your technique—and, if possible, showing it in action. In both the document and the video, outline your teaching technique. Include brief discussion on the following topics:
- What’s the procedure?
- What materials, if any, are required?
- How easy would it be for another instructor at another school to implement it?
- What knowledge, skills or insights do you hope to introduce or reinforce with this technique?
For information on uploading a YouTube video, review this help page.
Selection of the final three winners will be determined by judges from the National Economics Teaching Association during the Judging Period based on the following criteria:
- Originality and creativity
- Ease of implementation of teaching techniques
- Value of successful student outcome
Final winners will be announced before the conference, with one winner chosen for 1st, 2nd and 3rd Prize. Review the Contest Rules below for additional information.
$1,000 cash and a trip to the 2019 NETA Conference
$300 cash and a trip to the 2019 NETA Conference
A trip to the 2019 NETA Conference