Request for consultation
WORLD POLITICS: TREND AND TRANSFORMATION offers analysis of the most up-to-date data, research, and contemporary events from today's international political stage. Students will understand what is happening today and why. The 2016-2017 Edition incorporates recent challenges to global peace and prosperity, and the latest on international organizations, advances in military technology, a look at the changing nuclear environment in Iran, an expanded discussion on human rights, an enhanced discussion of global health threats, new data from World Development Indicators, and more. A partnership with the Carnegie Council for Ethics in International Affairs provides additional coverage of contemporary issues. The authors present each issue in a thought-provoking way that encourages students to critically assess the problems, payoffs, pitfalls, and paradoxes of people's choices about the global future and the probable impact those choices will have on students in the future. Now, the book is also available in a variety of formats with MindTap® Political Science for Blanton/Kegley's World Politics: Trend and Transformation is the digital learning solution that helps instructors engage and transform today's students into critical thinkers.
- MindTap® Political Science for Blanton/Kegley's World Politics: Trend and Transformation is the digital learning solution that helps instructors engage and transform today's students into critical thinkers.
- An atlas with detailed political maps of each continent now opens the book. Learning Objectives serve as a map to key concepts.
- There is discussion of the latest advances in military technology, as well as a look at the changing nuclear environment in Iran.
- Discussion of conflict around the world has been updated, including tensions between states (such as between Russia and Ukraine), non-state actors (such as ISIS and Boko Haram), and the broader implications for world politics.
- New suggested web resources for further investigation of world politics are at the end of each chapter.
- Controversy boxes examine rival viewpoints on major international relations issues and encourage students to think critically and develop their own opinions.
- A Closer Look boxes address contemporary issues and conclude with critical thinking questions and links to relevant readings and videos through the Carnegie Council.
- The illustration program broadens the book's coverage, provokes interest, and helps students visualize core ideas.
- Each chapter ends with a list of Suggested Readings, Videos, and Web Resources to help students prepare for their papers and essays.
1. Discovering World Politics.
2. Interpreting World Politics through the Lens of Theory.
3. Theories of International Decision Making.
Part II: THE GLOBE'S ACTORS AND THEIR RELATIONSHIPS.
4. Great Power Relations and Rivalries.
5. World Politics and the Global South.
6. Non-state Actors and the Quest for Global Community.
Part III: CONFRONTING ARMED CONFLICT.
7. The Threat of Armed Conflict to the World.
8. The Pursuit of Power through Arms and Alliances.
9. The Quest for Peace through International Law and Collective Security.
Part IV: HUMAN SECURITY, PROSPERITY, AND RESPONSIBILITY.
10. The Globalization of International Finance.
11. International Trade in the Global Marketplace.
12. The Demographic and Cultural Dimensions of Globalization.
13. The Promotion of Human Development and Human Rights.
14. Global Responsibility for the Preservation of the Environment.
Part V: THINKING ABOUT THE FUTURE OF WORLD POLITICS.
15. Looking Ahead at Global Trends and Transformations.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's WebSite with Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero, 2 terms (12 months) Instant Access for Blanton/Kegley's World Politics: Trend and Transformation, 2016-2017