Request for consultation
Created for the next generation of engineering professionals, VISUALIZATION, MODELING, AND GRAPHICS FOR ENGINEERING DESIGN, Second Edition, combines coverage of traditional drafting essentials and the cutting-edge technology and methods today's professionals need to master for career success. This versatile text provides a strong grounding in fundamentals including core design skills, geometric dimensioning and tolerancing, sketching and drawing, and industry- and discipline-specific applications, even while recognizing how computers have enabled visualizing and modeling techniques that have changed the engineering design process. Working from this modern perspective, the authors explore critical process phases such as creative thinking, product ideation, and advanced analysis, as well as problem solving, collaboration, and communication skills essential for today's engineers and technicians. In addition to numerous updates to reflect the latest technology and trends, the Second Edition of this groundbreaking text features a more streamlined presentation, with a mix of printed and online chapters and a highly modular structure that make it easy to customize coverage for specific courses or interests. New teaching and learning resources are available online as well, including a Web-based Mind Tap supplement with interactive quizzes and more than 100 multimedia animations and video clips.
- The Second Edition features a more concise, streamlined presentation for greater convenience and affordability. Chapters in the printed text focused on essential information for each topic, while several additional chapters are available online with expanded coverage, examples, and exercises.
- The authors have added new end-of-chapter exercises for most chapters to help students better assess their understanding and hone their mastery of the material. New topics covered in the Second Edition include stress analysis, thermodynamics, and kinematics, as well as an even stronger focus on real-world applications.
- A new, Web-based MindTap supplement provides convenient access to a wealth of teaching and learning resources, including more than 100 multimedia animations and video clips related to static illustrations in the text, interactive quizzes for every chapter, and more.
- The authors have drawn on decades of experience as professionals and educators to provide a new, more effective approach to the engineering design, highlighting visualization skills as essential to early learning and providing exposure to multiple engineering models and physical devices.
- Each chapter opens with problems based on real-world challenges faced by today's professionals, followed by graphical solutions and a discussion of the key principles involved, providing an engaging introduction to the material based on highly practical, realistic scenarios.
- The authors' engaging, casual writing style and a reader-friendly visual design make the text accessible and effective for students of all backgrounds and learning styles.
- The text features a strong focus on learning and fundamental skill development, and every chapter includes numerous real-world examples to demonstrate current industry best practices and help prepare students for professional success.
Part I: LAYING THE FOUNDATION.
1. An Introduction to Graphical Communication in Engineering.
4. Creativity and the Design Process.
Part II: MODERN DESIGN PRACTICE AND TOOLS.
5. Solid Modeling.
6. Assembly Modeling.
7. Design Analysis.
Part III: SETTING UP AN ENGINEERING DRAWING.
8. Orthogonal Projection and Multiview Representation.
9. Pictorials and Perspective Views.
10. Section Views.
11. Auxiliary Views.
Part IV: DRAWING ANNOTATION AND DESIGN IMPLEMENTATION.
14. Working Drawings.
15. Working in a Team Environment.
16. Fabrication Processes.
17. Advanced Visualization Techniques.
19. Technical and Engineering Animation.
20. Topological Maps and GIS.
21. Information Graphics: Presentation of Data.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Companion Web Site
The Instructor Companion Site provides additional course content, study aids, and sample test questions to help students succeed in the course. Many Instructor Companion Sites also contain critical-thinking questions, activities, and web links. To access faculty Companion Sites, please visit www.cengage.com/delmar and search by ISBN.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero is a flexible, online system that allows you to: author, edit, and manage test bank content from multiple Cengage Learning solutions; create multiple test versions in an instant; deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom or wherever you want.