Request for consultation
Hull and Mather's book introduces students to the professional abilities needed when working with families. Using a generalist perspective, the book builds on the knowledge and skills students have acquired in other courses, and provides keen insight on the specific theories and skills associated with family systems and family practice.
2. Understanding Family Theories.
3. Engaging Families.
4. Family Assessment Considerations.
5. Assessing Family Functioning.
8. Evaluation, Termination, and Follow-up.
9. Intervention with Select Family Situations.
10. Additional Interventions with Select Families.
11. Specialized Family Interventions.
12. Community Focus on Family.
13. Families and Social Policy.
14. Trends and Directions.
"(the topics) are timely and the material is well covered, practical and useful, especially for students intending to go into applied fields. ... An excellent text for Marriage and the Family or courses in Family Therapy."
"(This book’s) strengths are in providing an excellent overview of the stages of counseling families, and in the thorough description of family laws and public policies and programs for families."
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Manual with Test Bank
Also available in ebank (via email). Contains multiple choice and essay questions, chapter outlines, and suggested classroom exercises.