Request for consultation
Larson's TRIGONOMETRY is known for delivering sound, consistently structured explanations and carefully written exercises. With the Tenth Edition, the author continues to revolutionize the way students learn by incorporating more real-world applications and innovative technology. How Do You See It? exercises give students practice applying the concepts. Summarize and Checkpoint questions reinforce understanding of skills.
- Stepped-out solution videos with instruction are available at CalcView.com for selected exercises throughout the text. The selected textbook exercises will have a QR code next to the exercise number for easy access via a smart phone.
- Enhanced Exercise Sets deliver more rigor, relevancy, and coverage than ever before and feature multi-step, real-life exercises to reinforce problem-solving skills and mastery of concepts.
- How Do You See It? exercises in every section present real-life problems that students solve by visual inspection using the concepts in the lesson.
- Side-By-Side Examples help students see not only that a problem can be solved in more than one way but also how different methods--algebraic, graphical, and numerical--yield the same result. The side-by-side format also addresses many different learning styles.
- WEBASSIGN: TRIGONOMETRY, Tenth Edition, is fully supported by WebAssign, the powerful online homework and course management system that engages students in learning the math. WebAssign includes new end-of-chapter exercises, animated simulations, and pre-built assignments vetted by trusted subject matter experts along with robust course, section, assignment, and question settings and online testing to help instructors foster a deeper understanding of course concepts.
- The Student Companion Website features chapter projects, data tables, assessments, study tools, video solutions, and more to support students outside the text.
- CalcChat.com, an independent website, provides students with free, up-to-the-minute homework support, including solutions to all odd-numbered problems in the text.
- Algebra Helps features direct students to sections of the textbook where they can review algebra skills needed to master the current topic.
- Technology features offer suggestions for effectively using tools such as calculators, graphing calculators, and spreadsheet programs to deepen student understanding of concepts, ease lengthy calculations, and provide alternate solution methods for verifying answers obtained by hand.
- Algebra of Calculus Examples and Exercises throughout the text emphasize various algebraic techniques used in calculus.
- Original Checkpoint Problems encourage immediate practice and check students' understanding of the concepts in the paired example.
Review of Real Numbers and Their Properties. Solving Equations. The Cartesian Plane and Graphs of Equations. Linear Equations in Two Variables. Functions. Analyzing Graphs of Functions. A Library of Parent Functions. Transformations of Functions. Combinations of Functions: Composite Functions. Inverse Functions. Chapter Summary. Review Exercises. Chapter Test. Proofs in Mathematics. P.S. Problem Solving.
Radian and Degree Measure. Trigonometric Functions: The Unit Circle. Right Triangle Trigonometry. Trigonometric Functions of Any Angle. Graphs of Sine and Cosine Functions. Graphs of Other Trigonometric Functions. Inverse Trigonometric Functions. Applications and Models. Chapter Summary. Review Exercises. Chapter Test. Proofs in Mathematics. P.S. Problem Solving.
2. ANALYTIC TRIGONOMETRY.
Using Fundamental Identities. Verifying Trigonometric Identities. Solving Trigonometric Equations. Sum and Difference Formulas. Multiple-Angle and Product-to-Sum Formulas. Chapter Summary. Review Exercises. Chapter Test. Proofs in Mathematics. P.S. Problem Solving.
3. ADDITIONAL TOPICS IN TRIGONOMETRY.
Law of Sines. Law of Cosines. Vectors in the Plane. Vectors and Dot Products. Chapter Summary. Review Exercises. Chapter Test. Cumulative Test for Chapters 1-3. Proofs in Mathematics. P.S. Problem Solving.
4. COMPLEX NUMBERS.
Complex Numbers. Complex Solutions of Equations. The Complex Plan. Trigonometric Form of a Complex Number. DeMoivre's Theorem. Chapter Summary. Review Exercises. Chapter Test. Proofs in Mathematics. P.S. Problem Solving.
5. EXPONENTIAL AND LOGARITHMIC FUNCTIONS.
Exponential Functions and Their Graphs. Logarithmic Functions and Their Graphs. Properties of Logarithms. Exponential and Logarithmic Equations. Exponential and Logarithmic Models. Chapter Summary. Review Exercises. Chapter Test. Proofs in Mathematics. P.S. Problem Solving.
6. TOPICS IN ANALYTIC GEOMETRY.
Lines. Introduction to Conics: Parabolas. Ellipses. Hyperbolas. Rotation of Conics. Parametric Equations. Polar Coordinates. Graphs of Polar Equations. Polar Equations of Conics. Chapter Summary. Review Exercises. Chapter Test. Cumulative Test for Chapters 4-6. Proofs in Mathematics. P.S. Problem Solving.
APPENDIX A Concepts in Statistics (Web).
A.1 Representing Data.
A.2 Analyzing Data.
A.3 Modeling Data.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Complete Solutions Manual with Instructor's Website
This time-saving manual contains solutions to all exercises from the text, including Chapter Review Exercises and Chapter Tests.
PowerPoint® with Image Library Slides on Instructor's Website
Microsoft® PowerPoint® slides and image library for the entire book, posted on the Instructor Companion Website, let you incorporate images from the book right into your lectures.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero® is a flexible, online system that allows you to: import, edit, and manipulate content from the text's test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions; create multiple test versions in an instant; and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want. This is available online via www.cengage.com/login.
Student Solutions Manual
This guide offers step-by-step solutions for all odd-numbered text exercises, Chapter and Cumulative Tests, and Practice Tests with solutions, giving students a way to check their answers and ensure that they took the correct steps to arrive at an answer.
Annotated Instructor's Edition
Student Solutions Manual
This guide offers step-by-step solutions for all odd-numbered text exercises, Chapter and Cumulative Tests, and Practice Tests with solutions, giving you a way to check your answers.