Request for consultation
TRANSITIONS is an intermediate Chinese course that focuses the learner on actively learning daily communication skills with the topics and vocabulary centering around the learner. It also builds a solid foundation for learners who plan to study abroad in China or other Chinese-speaking regions. The program features a realistic storyline video program that constitutes a significant part of the course content and learning experience, a premium website supporting the media content as well as other learner resources, such as answer keys and supplementary reading materials, and an app for vocabulary and character learning. The instructor section of the website provides instructors with all the resources needed to teach successfully.
- Units structured in a progressive way to build the learner's interpretive, interpersonal and presentational communication skills beyond the basics.
- An innovative instructional design that provides enhanced listening-speaking tasks while developing literacy skills.
- A video program that features a storyline to enrich learning and cultural exposure.
- A premium website that supports the media content and other components in the course.
- Mobile apps that facilitate vocabulary and Hanzi learning.
- A storyline video series is integrated into the core product, as are audio activities and pronunciation guides.
- The student-facing premium website includes the audio and video programs that support the text as well as audio flashcards
- An app for learning Chinese characters and vocabulary is available for a nominal price via iTunes and Google Play
- Cultural and political readings in English focus on topics meaningful to college students. At the same time, the program focuses students less on passively learning about Chinese politics or culture and more on actively learning interpersonal communication skills.
U1. 看上去是什么样子？ Describing visual properties.
U2. 这个房间怎么样？ Describing a living space.
U3. 这个东西有什么特点？ Describing attributes of things.
U4. 你哪儿不舒服？ Describing an illness and symptoms.
U5. 那个人是什么样子？ Describing a person's appearance.
U6. 这个人有什么特点？ Describing personal traits and qualities.
U7. 你想干哪一行？ Talking about one's aspirations.
U8. 你有什么学历和工作经验？ Presenting one's background and experience.
Concluding Unit. 你有什么计划？ Talking about one's future plans.
"The content is updated and useful. It is also related to college students' lives. [There] are different kinds of exercises that can help students practice with all kinds of tasks. And most of the exercises are related to specific contexts, which is important to help students learn how to use the grammar better.
"The units introduced up-to-date language, useful skills, and content relevant to students' college life. The content is not only restricted to common themes such as dating, traveling, relationship with parents, etc. I believe students, especially those interested in getting a career using their Chinese language skills, would find this interesting and useful."
"The topics are related to student life, and the language level fits the second year."