Request for consultation
Updated to the 2011 National Electrical Code®, ELECTRICITY 4: AC/DC MOTORS, CONTROLS, AND MAINTENANCE, 10e delivers practical coverage of AC/DC motors, controls, and maintenance. It offers students quick and easy access to current information on DC motors, AC motors, motor control, electromechanical and solid-state relays and timers, synchronous motors, installation, sensyn units, motor maintenance, and more. The text combines thorough explanations of how systems work with relevant, hands-on examples of electrical system operation to develop troubleshooting skills.
- Providing the most current coverage available, ELECTRICITY 4: AC/DC MOTORS, CONTROLS, AND MAINTENANCE, 10E is completely updated to the 2011 National Electrical Code®.
- It includes the most current information on energy efficient motor ratings.
- Updated photos and drawings give students realistic visuals to help improve understanding.
- Updated information on DC motor control.
- Chapters are reorganized to provide a better sequence of learning.
- Solid state starters and controls reflect the latest industry practices.
- Formulas and examples are explained step-by-step, and solutions are provided to reinforce processes and help in application and comprehension.
- Extremely reader friendly, ELECTRICITY 4: AC/DC MOTORS, CONTROLS, AND MAINTENANCE, 10E delivers short, easy-to-read chapters that provide students with a quick reference for specific topics.
- Control systems using programmable and electronics controls are included in coverage of the advancement of control systems.
- Current and past technologies are thoroughly examined in conjunction with older technologies still in use, providing the necessary information to transition to newer systems.
2. The DC Series Motor.
3. DC Compound Motors.
4. Summary of Units 1-3.
5. Starting and Operating DC Motors.
6. Electronic DC Motor Control.
7. DC Variable Speed Control.
8. DC Motor Dynamic Braking.
9. Basic Principles of Automatic Motor Control.
10. Relays and Timers.
11. Summary of Units 5-10.
12. Three Phase AC Induction Motors.
13. Starting Three Phase Induction Motors.
14. Controllers for Three Phase Motors.
15. Solid State Starters and Controls.
16. Wound Rotor Induction Motor.
17. The Synchronous Motor.
18. Summary of Units 12-17.
19. Single Phase AC Motors.
20. Special Motor Application.
21. Universal, Series and Repulsion Motors.
22. Energy Efficiency and Motors.
23. Three Phase Motor Installations and the NEC.
24. Single Phase and DC Motor Installation and the NEC.
25. Motor Maintenance.
26. Summary of Units 19-25.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Companion Web Site
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero Instant Access