Request for consultation
TECHNICAL REPORT WRITING TODAY provides thorough coverage of technical writing basics, techniques, and applications. Through a practical focus with varied examples and exercises, students internalize the skills necessary to produce clear and effective documents and reports. Project worksheets help students organize their thoughts and prepare for assignments, and Focus boxes highlight key information and recent developments in technical communication. Extensive individual and collaborative exercises expose students to different kinds of technical writing problems and solutions. Annotated student examples--more than 100 in all--illustrate different writing styles and approaches to problems. Numerous short and long examples throughout the text demonstrate solutions for handling writing assignments in current career situations. The four-color artwork in the chapter on creating visuals keeps pace with contemporary workplace capabilities. The Tenth Edition offers the latest information on using electronic resumes and documenting electronic sources and Ethics and Globalization sidebars that highlight these two important topics in the technical communication field.
- The Chapter on Letter Writing has been merged into the Chapter on Job Searches for ease of learning.
- This new tenth edition includes the theory and practice of social media as used in professional writing. Also added are many examples to practice these new forms.
- There is an exciting new Section on writing Grants for Non-profits that includes professional examples.
- The sections on email and PowerPoint have been updated to reflect current practice. PowerPoint section encourages use of images-only approach.
- Expansion of Globalization sections to include comments from European students and professional writers.
- Completely updated MLA and APA handbook sections.
- All web citations have been brought up to date.
- New examples in many chapters, including new professional resumes and New IMRD examples
- The Style chapter has been modified to focus on major sentence issues.
1. Definition of Technical Communication.
2. Profiling Audiences.
3. The Technical Communication Process.
4. Technical Communication Style.
6. Designing Pages.
7. Using Visual Aids.
SECTION 2: TECHNICAL COMMUNICATION APPLICATIONS.
9. Sets of Instructions.
10. Memorandums and Informal Reports.
11. Developing Websites.
12. Formal Reports.
13. Recommendation and Feasibility Reports.
15. User Manuals.
SECTION 3: PROFESSIONAL COMMUNICATION.
17. Job Application Materials.