Request for consultation
Offer your students a practical, streamlined, and updated approach to information systems development with Tilley/Rosenblatt’s SYSTEMS ANALYSIS AND DESIGN, 11E. Expanded coverage of emerging technologies, such as agile methods, cloud computing, and mobile applications, complements this book’s traditional approaches to systems analysis and design. A wealth of real-world examples throughout the book emphasizes critical thinking and IT skills in a dynamic, business-related environment. You will find numerous projects, insightful assignments, and helpful end-of-chapter exercises both within this edition and online. Detailed instructor support helps you effectively emphasize the IT skills your students need for success in today's intensely competitive business world.
- EXPANDED COVERAGE HIGHLIGHTS EMERGING TECHNOLOGIES. This edition helps you introduce your students to the latest IT developments, including agile methods, cloud computing, and mobile applications. Topics reflect the latest developments in today’s business environment and promise to capture your students’ interests.
- STREAMLINED PRESENTATION ENCOURAGES A FOCUSED READ. This edition offers streamlined material throughout the book that reduces distractions so students can focus on the main content quickly and easily.
- UPDATED ONLINE INSTRUCTOR MATERIAL PROVIDES CONVENIENT RESOURCES. This invaluable online Manual offers numerous projects, meaningful assignments, and end-of-chapter exercises -- all with sample solutions.
- REVISED SYSTEM ANALYST’S TOOLKITS OFFER THE LATEST RESOURCES. Helpful System Analyst’s Toolkits now reflect the most recent changes in today’s systems analysis tools and invaluable resources. Four cross-functional components provide students with the basic skills needed when working as systems analysts in modern organizations.
- KEY TERMS CLARIFY IMPORTANT CONCEPTS AND SKILLS. All Key Terms at the end of each chapter now include definitions and help students remember concepts within the proper context.
- BUSINESS-ORIENTED APPROACH LETS YOU FOCUS ON KEY INFORMATION YOUR STUDENTS NEED MOST. This edition offers a valuable emphasis on modeling and TCO analysis.
1. Introduction to Systems Analysis and Design.
2. Analyzing the Business Case.
3. Managing Systems Projects.
PHASE II: SYSTEMS ANALYSIS.
4. Requirements Modeling.
5. Data and Process Modeling.
6. Object Modeling.
7. Development Strategies.
PHASE III: SYSTEMS DESIGN.
8. User Interface Design.
9. Data Design.
10. System Architecture.
PHASE IV: SYSTEMS IMPLEMENTATION.
11. Managing Systems Implementation.
PHASE V: SYSTEMS SUPPORT AND SECURITY.
12. Managing Systems Support and Security.
THE SYSTEMS ANALYST’S TOOLKIT.
Toolkit Part A: Communication Tools.
Toolkit Part B: CASE Tools.
Toolkit Part C: Financial Analysis Tools.
Toolkit Part D: Internet Resource Tools.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Companion Website
Find everything you need for your course in one place. This collection of book-specific lecture and class tools is available online via www.cengage.com/login. Access and download PowerPoint® presentations, images, instructor’s manual, videos, and more.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero®, Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero®, is a flexible, online system that allows you to import, edit, and manipulate content from the text's test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions. Create multiple test versions in an instant and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.