Request for consultation
Teach students how to work successfully in today's project management environment with Gido/Clements/Baker's SUCCESSFUL PROJECT MANAGEMENT, 7E. This best-selling text details how to organize and manage project teams -- from planning and scheduling to cost management. Revised chapters align with PMBOK (Project Management Body of Knowledge) to ensure best practices. The book covers project constraints, stakeholder issues, the project charter, and how projects support an organization's strategic plan. Learning features reinforce concepts critical to project management success. Students practice effective communication while new cases inspire discussion and debate, and new real-world vignettes demonstrate how to apply concepts in the workplace. New MindTap® digital resources enhance each chapter with videos, quizzes, and case animations. Students also work with today's popular Microsoft® Project 2016. Find everything your students need to manage projects effectively in business today.
- REVISED CONCEPTS AND CONTENT SUPPORT PMBOK. Each chapter in this edition corresponds seamlessly with and supports the Project Management Knowledge Areas of the Project Management Institute’s A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide), Sixth Edition.
- NEW MINDTAP DIGITAL LEARNING SOLUTION HELPS YOU TRANSFORM LEARNERS INTO CRITICAL THINKERS. Through dynamic assignments and applications that you can personalize, MINDTAP helps you turn cookie cutter into cutting edge, apathy into engagement, and memorizers into higher-level thinkers. You’ll find an accessible digital version of the core text, engagement videos, discussion questions, end of chapter quizzes, and case animations – all designed to take learning to the next level.
- ENGAGING, ANIMATED VIDEOS REINFORCE SELECT CASE STUDIES. Each of these special case studies offers specially developed animation that includes embedded questions at intervals during the video for students to answer. In addition, meaningful discussion questions appear at the end of each video.
- NEW, TIMELY NORTH AMERICAN AND INTERNATIONAL VIGNETTES CLARIFY AND EXEMPLY KEY CONCEPTS IN ACTION. All-new, up-to-date, engaging vignettes discuss a variety of applications and industry sectors, both in North American and internationally. These vignettes replace the previous edition’s project management vignettes in each chapter.
- ENHANCED AND UPDATED APPENDIXES SUPPORT THE LATEST VERSION OF MICROSOFT PROJECT. The book’s helpful Microsoft® Project Appendixes for Chapters 4 through 7 are now enhanced and updated to seamlessly prepare students to work with Microsoft® Project 2016. Each appendix includes all new figures of the latest version of Microsoft® Project screen captures.
- UPDATED TUTORIAL VIDEOS GUIDE STUDENTS THROUGH USING MICROSOFT® PROJECT 2016. These invaluable videos that appear within MindTap are all updated to reflect the most recent changes and advantages within Microsoft® Project.
- STRAIGHTFORWARD, ACCESSIBLE APPROACH REFLECTS STATE-OF-THE-ART CONCEPTS. The authors have applied their years of first-hand project management experience to create an engaging, inviting presentation that focuses on the latest techniques and applications while de-emphasizing mathematical and overly technical detail.
- COMPREHENSIVE CONTENT ADDRESSES EVERYTHING STUDENTS NEED TO KNOW TO WORK SUCCESSFULLY IN TODAY'S PROJECT ENVIRONMENT. Students learn the critical skills and knowledge they need to organize and manage effective project teams. This edition also emphasizes communication with a focus on how to document and communicate project developments both within and outside of the team. In-depth coverage delves into the details of planning, scheduling, and cost management.
- "LEARNING OUTCOMES" AND "CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTOR" BOXES HIGHLIGHT THE KEY POINTS WITHIN EACH CHAPTER. This edition helps students focus on each chapter's most important points as "Learning Outcomes" and "Critical Success Factors" provide brief overviews and reinforce the chapter's main ideas.
- PROVEN END-OF-CHAPTER MATERIALS ENABLE STUDENTS TO APPLY CHAPTER CONCEPTS IN WRITING AND ONLINE. A wealth of practical questions and effective Internet exercises encourage students to apply the concepts covered in the chapter within professional settings.
- "REINFORCE YOUR LEARNING" QUESTIONS TEST STUDENTS' COMPREHENSION OF CONCEPTS. Useful questions designed to test understanding of key concepts are integrated throughout each chapter. "Reinforce Your Learning" questions ensure that students fully understand a concept before moving ahead.
- COMPLETE TEACHING PACKAGE PROVIDES A WEALTH OF TIME-SAVING RESOURCES FOR COURSE PREPARATION AND PRESENTATION. Discover a variety of time-saving support tools located on the Instructor's Companion Website for your convenience. Instructor Manuals for each chapter, lecture outlines, answers to end-of-chapter questions, a comprehensive test bank, test creation software, and PowerPoint® slides allow you to efficiently create a dynamic, interactive learning environment.
- WELL-ORGANIZED, FOCUSED CHAPTERS ALIGN WITH THE PMBOK APPROACH. To ensure that the concepts your students are learning reflect today's best practices within project management, the chapters are carefully structured to correspond seamlessly with the PMBOK (Project Management Body of Knowledge) framework and approach.
- FUN AND ENGAGING CASES DEMONSTRATE KEY PROJECT MANAGEMENT SKILLS AT WORK. Throughout this edition, cases place project management skills into practical context and prompt meaningful analysis and discussion among students.
- DOWNLOADABLE TRIAL VERSION OF MICROSOFT® PROJECT 2016 PROVIDES PRACTICE WITH TODAY'S LEADING PROJECT MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE. Prepare students to work with the most up-to-date project management software available. Students can download a trial version of the latest best-selling project management software -- Microsoft® Project 2016 -- via the student companion website for this text . Students learn to master and maximize the efficiencies of this powerful tool as they complete problems that correspond with the software throughout this edition.
Part I: INITIATING A PROJECT.
2. Identifying and Selecting Projects.
3. Developing Project Proposals.
Part II: PLANNING, PERFORMING, AND CONTROLLING THE PROJECT.
4. Defining Scope, Quality, Responsibility, and Activity Sequence.
5. Developing the Schedule.
6. Resource Utilization.
7. Determining Costs, Budget and Earned Value.
8. Managing Risk.
9. Closing the Project.
Part III: PEOPLE: THE KEY TO PROJECT SUCCESS.
10. The Project Manager.
11. The Project Team.
12. Project Communication and Documentation.
13. Project Management Organizational Structures.
Appendix A: Project Management Information Systems.
Appendix B: Project Management Websites.
Appendix C: Project Management Associations around the Globe.
Appendix D: Acronyms.
Reinforce Your Learning Answers.