Request for consultation
SPEAKING FOR SUCCESS is a fresh new approach that gives tools needed to communicate with confidence. This text provides a thorough overview and hands-on practice in the speech communication skills essential for life and work success. Whether talking person to person, in a group, or in front of an audience, plenty of practical applications give hands on experience in: practicing effective speaking, handling conversations, participating in teams, and gaining confidence in delivering formal and informal presentations. SPEAKING FOR SUCCESS also helps students prepare for competitive events and includes the WinningEdge logo to identify those opportunities. Students can immediately apply and practice communications skills making class fun, dynamic, and one they'll always remember.
- Annotated Instructor's Edition saves time by providing the teaching model, lesson plans, answers, and teaching tips at point-of-use in the margins.
- WinningEdge--Preparation for Student Career and Technical Organization competitive events in Prepared Speech, Extemporaneous Speech, and Advanced Interview Skills conveniently located on the new Instructor's Resource CD.
- Fresh, new internal design with structured pedagogy to better connect to today's learner.
- A wealth and variety of end-of-chapter reinforcement including Making Connections to Academics and Technology to better position learners for academic and career success, Small Group Project found at the end of the chapter to provide opportunities for learners to work cooperatively with peers, and Individual Speech Assignment to help increase learner's comfort level in public speaking.
- Numerous applications and workshops provide a variety of career connections to increase interest.
- Communication at Work instructs learners in various appropriate methods of communicating in today's workplace.
- Language Trap provides a friendly, painless way for students to review key language issues to avoid common mistakes and errors.
1. You Are a Coded Communication Channel.
2. Speech is an Oral Language Code.
3. Paralanguage Flavors the Verbal Message.
4. Nonverbal Codes Send Silent Messages.
UNIT 2: COMMUNICATING PERSON TO PERSON.
5. Building Confidence.
6. Developing Interpersonal Skills.
7. Interviewing Successfully.
UNIT 3: COMMUNICATING IN GROUPS.
8. Speaking in Groups.
9. Informative and Persuasive Speaking.
UNIT 4: COMMUNICATING WITH AN AUDIENCE.
10. Designing a Message for an Audience.
11. Researching and Organizing Ideas.
12. Polishing Your Presentation.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Annotated Instructor's Edition
The Annotated Instructor's Edition previews the features that save you time and help students learn, and demonstrates how to integrate our powerful supplements into your curriculum. The answers to the questions from the text appear on an overprint of the student edition.