Request for consultation
For the first time, process technicians have a resource designed specifically for them that will provide a comprehensive, thorough overview of modern troubleshooting methods and models. Process Technology Troubleshooting utilizes a simple to complex approach that encourages readers to master basic concepts before progressing to more advanced ones for increased comprehension. The book covers troubleshooting models that apply concepts from advanced instrumentation, the control loop, and process equipment and systems, and includes coverage of such processes as a simple pump-around and feed system, compressor system, heat transfer system, cooling tower system, boiler system, furnace system, distillation system , stirred reactor system, and separations system. Each of these systems have operational information, set points, and start-up procedures. These sections include "what-if" scenarios and detailed illustrations. Process Technology Troubleshooting is an invaluable resource and reference for any novice, training manager or experienced process technician.
- Detailed line art schematics and process illustrations support the information and simplify key concepts
- Incorporates console response and operation to modern troubleshooting techniques
- Provides flexibility to instructors to teach a variety of topics
- Application of statistical process control and quality tools
- Real-life examples provide opportunities for readers to apply what they have learned
- Illustrates basic process principles; physics, science, and math
- Simulated reaction-response scenarios prepares readers to solve a variety of analytical and qualitative variables
- Illustrates common operational problems and solutions
- Builds on information presented in earlier equipment texts
- Provides the natural learning bridge from equipment, systems, operations and troubleshooting
- Applies the principles on modern process control from the viewpoint of a process technician
All-You-Can-Learn Access with Cengage Unlimited
Cengage Unlimited is the first-of-its-kind digital subscription that gives students total and on-demand access to all the digital learning platforms, ebooks, online homework and study tools Cengage has to offer—in one place, for one price. Students get unlimited access to a library of more than 22,000 products for $119.99 per term.