Request for consultation
Creating a salon or spa from scratch can be a daunting task. Successful Salon and Spa Management, Sixth Edition cuts through the confusion and provides you with a clear understanding of what it takes to run a salon or spa. From understanding the differences in what type of salon or spa you want to open, all the way through financing and operating for profit, you will learn the ins and outs of building a business and keeping it productive. Whether you are a student or a practicing professional, Successful Salon Management, Sixth Edition will put your on the right track to salon ownership and profitability.
- Chapters reorganized to be in simple chronological order of the basic steps of opening a salon or spa.
- "Financing the New Business" chapter has been updated to reflect today's economy.
- Updated with references to the latest technology for the salon and spa.
- Includes many of the forms necessary for running a salon business.
- Step-by-step guidance on opening your salon and spa.
- Provides advice on salon menu pricing to keep your business profitable.
- Covers lease and rental agreements, utilities and other operating costs.
2. Financing the New Business.
3. Salon/Spa Operating Costs.
4. Permits, Public Utilities and Insurance.
5. Types of Leases and Rent Agreements.
6. Decorating Arrangement and Placement.
7. Salon/Spa Business Tools.
8. Salon/Spa Advertising.
9. Merchandising In Your Salon and Spa.
10. Use of Cosmetology Schools by Salons and Spas.
11. Labor-Related Laws.
12. Salon/Spa Personnel.
13. Salon and Spa Forms and Items for Record Keeping.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Resource on CD-ROM
This is the primary instructor resource to Retail Management for Salons and Spas. It includes lesson plans and Instructor Support Slides for each chapter as well as an implementation guide.