Request for consultation
PROTECTING OUR CHILDREN provides guidance to teachers, child care and education administrators, health care providers, social service workers, and all who work with young children on how to recognize and understand child abuse and neglect. In addition to history and theory, Hirschy and Wilkinson offer a research-based, practical resource for the best practices in understanding and working with maltreated children. The text enables readers not only to identify abuse and neglect, but also to develop an understanding of the many facets of child maltreatment, find practical ideas to help children and their families, and ultimately reduce the incidence of child abuse and neglect. PROTECTING OUR CHILDREN features practical ideas on working with families and children; websites and resources to help those who work with and teach young children; information to better inform their practice; and useful tools such as checklist, and forms.
- Provides information and ideas for professionals in child welfare and health care as well as anyone working with young children.
- Contains practical ideas on working with families and children in addition to providing websites and information that should better inform their practice.
- Includes not only history and theory, but also best practices in working with young children.
- Provides forms and resources to help those who work with and teach young children.
2. Recognizing and Identifying Child Abuse.
3. Assessing and Reporting Child Maltreatment.
4. What Happens When Abuse and Neglect Has Occurred.
5. Perpetrators—Those Who Abuse and Neglect Children.
6. The Impact of Abuse and Neglect on Children's Lives.
7. Special Topics in Child Maltreatment.
8. Parents and Families and Child Maltreatment.
9. Prevention, Intervention and Guidance: Families.
10. Teacher Styles, Guidance and Ethics in Working with Young Children and Child Maltreatment.
11. Prevention, Intervention and Guidance: Teachers.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
eBank Instructor's Manual with Test Bank
The Instructor's Manual contains resources designed to streamline and maximize the effectiveness of your course preparation. The contents include detailed chapter outlines, activities, NAEYC connections, additional resources, a test bank of multiple-choice, true/false, and sort answer questions for each chapter of the text, and workshop suggestions.