Request for consultation
Designed for the third-year plumbing apprentice, PLUMBING 301, Second Edition, combines a visually appealing, full-color design, clear writing style, and the most current plumbing and gas code references to deliver "need-to-know" information for both commercial and residential plumbers. Coverage begins with basic installation practices; progresses to blueprint reading, the National Fuel Gas Code, and surveying instruments; and includes special chapters devoted to the math and science of plumbing. Building on this thorough foundation, the Second Edition includes new discussions of hydronic systems, LP gas systems, ejector systems, water treatment, and electrical controls and wiring, plus enhanced content focusing on preplanning and electrical controls. Now better than ever, this valuable text gives readers the tools they need to be successful as they continue their journey into the plumbing industry. Check out our app, DEWALT® Mobile Pro™. This free app is a construction calculator with integrated reference materials and access to hundreds of additional calculations as add-ons. To learn more, visit dewalt.com/mobilepro.
- The Second Edition featured a new, visually appealing full-color design to make the text even more reader-friendly and engaging.
- This new edition covers both natural gas and LP gas, providing valuable information for apprentice plumbers in a combination rarely found in other textbooks.
- The authors have included numerous new, easy-to-follow examples of how gas systems are designed, as well as important safety precautions.
- Unlike many plumbing textbooks, PLUMBING 301, Second Edition, provides a full explanation of how sewage ejectors work, offering valuable insights to prepare readers for professional success.
- Detailed illustrations provide accurate visualizations of key tools, structures, and concepts readers are likely to encounter in the field.
- Engaging examples and sidebars complement and expand on core material, providing reinforcement of key concepts and allowing readers to gain additional knowledge in areas of interest.
- Up-to-date code references arm readers with the most current information and essential skills, so they can apply their knowledge immediately and with confidence on the job.
- Written by a team of contractors, instructors, and code experts, this highly practical text is designed to provide third-year apprentices with everything they need to know to be successful in the field.
2. Residential Fixtures and Appliances.
3. Commercial, Industrial and Institutional Fixtures and Appliances.
4. Installation Methods.
5. Fixture Fittings and Trim.
6. Principles of Hydronic Systems.
7. Blueprints and Specifications.
8. Drawing Types, Floor Plans and Site Plans.
9. Structural, Plumbing, Electrical, HVAC and Detail Plans.
10. National Fuel Gas Code, Materials and Types of Fuel Gases.
11. Fuel Gas Piping, Fittings, Connections and Pipe Sizing.
12. Gas Appliances, Regulators, Meters and Appliance Controls.
13. Vents for Category I Appliances.
14. Fundamentals of LP.
15. Level Transit, Elevations and Grade.
16. Builders Level and Transit.
17. Offsets and Ratios.
18. Tank Capacities, Volume and Weight of Water.
19. Storm Drainage and Sizing Storm Drains.
20. Cross Connections.
21. Ejector Systems.
22. Energy and Temperature, Piping Expansion, Heat Transfer, Insulation, Humidity and Condensation.
23. Water Treatment.
24. Heat Sources for Water Heaters and Ancillary Piping.
25. Basic Electricity, Electric Current and Electric Motors.
26. Electric Circuits, Circuit Protection, Control Wiring and Electrical Safety.
27. Electric Circuit Troubleshooting.