Request for consultation
PLUMBING 201, Sixth Edition, offers practical knowledge and skills grounded in the real-world issues that face plumbing professionals. This proven resource was developed in partnership with the PHCC Educational Foundation, with curriculum and content created by educators and industry professionals. Building on the fundamentals covered in PLUMBING 101, this volume covers piping materials, sources, and distribution for potable water; water pipe sizing; cross-connection protection; water heaters; sewage disposal; drainage fixture units; building drains; stacks; and more. The Sixth Edition features two new chapters on communication skills and professionalism, and on fixture supports. A clear, straightforward writing style, realistic examples, and strong emphasis on hands-on applications make this text an invaluable resource for anyone entering or working in the plumbing industry.
- In addition to an engaging, straightforward writing style, the text features a variety of appealing, full-color illustrations to help bring key concepts to life in rich detail, as well as making material more accessible for today’s visual learners.
- PLUMBING 201, Sixth Edition, has been revised and expanded with two all-new chapters to provide even more real-world skills and important practical knowledge; one new chapter covers communication skills and professionalism, while the second focuses on fixture supports.
- Up-to-date codes throughout the text ensure that readers are gaining familiarity with the most current practices, methods, and tools used by professionals in the field today.
- Comprehensive plumbing code definitions are based on the National Standard Plumbing Code (NSPC), exposing readers to definitions that are consistent with industry standards and commonly used by working professionals.
- Organized according to U.S. Department of Labor (USDOL) standards, PLUMBING 201, Sixth Edition, meets the qualifying standards for the classroom portion of apprentice programs recognized by the USDOL, so instructors and students alike can depend on this trusted resource in preparation for professional success.
- Installation practices for plastic pipes and fittings are presented in a dedicated chapter, providing detailed coverage of this fundamental area of plumbing as part of a wide-ranging introduction to the field.
- An appendix on welding theory provides additional information for readers interested in more advanced skills in this specific trade.
2. Pipe Joining Techniques.
3. Plastic Pipe and Fittings.
4. Introduction to Welding, Gas Welding, and Safety.
5. Soldering, Brazing, Cutting, and Gas Welding.
6. Piping Materials, Sources, and Distribution for Potable Water.
7. Water Pipe Sizing: Main and Branch and Individual Run Systems.
8. Water Heaters and Hot Water Distribution.
9. Cross-Connection Protection and Pipe Identification.
10. Sewage Disposal Methods.
11. Drainage Fixture Units.
12. Building Drains.
14. Mathematics Review and Linear Measure.
16. Properties of Water.
17. Venting Plumbing Drainage Systems.
18. Sump Pumps, Sewage Pumps, and Sewage Ejectors.
19. Plumbing Traps.
20. Fixture Supports.
21. Hoisting and Rigging.
22. Safety Concepts.
23. Rough-In Sheets.
24. Details, Sections, and Exploded View Drawings.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
An educational CD-ROM package for instructor use that creates an electronic classroom to accompany our best-selling learning materials. The elements of an e-resource link directly to and accompany the textbook to provide a unified instructional tool. Its user-friendly main menu features a computerized test bank, PowerPoint® presentations, and electronic gradebook, allowing the instructor to create customized, innovative teaching tools.