Request for consultation
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN CERTIFICATION EXAM REVIEW, 3E is a comprehensive, all inclusive study tool to help prepare your students to become certified pharmacy technicians on a national level. This book mirrors content covered on the Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam (PTCE) and provides both exam content review and practice opportunities in a variety of formats. Ideal for review courses and for individual study, this book is a must-have tool for anyone preparing to take the PTCB and ExCPT exams. Sections are structured to help your students focus on critical topic areas outlined by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board; including 14 chapters specifically on mathematics with examples and end-of-chapter review questions. This new edition also includes greatly expanded chapters on pharmacology, updated end-of-chapter practice questions, two cumulative tests at the end of the book, and solutions to all chapter review questions and practice exams. For even more practice, the back-of-book CD offers 600 additional review questions to create timed exams that simulate the actual PTCE!
- Chapters on pharmacy practice and law offers the most current industry standards and practices according to state and federal guidelines, including current HIPPA regulations.
- Updated chapters on pharmacy math enhance a challenging core learning area with math tests at the end of the section to assess understanding.
- Interactive CD software provides learners with an unlimited amount of practice exams that simulate the PTCB national examination.
- Extensive pharmacology section has been expanded with new market medications and updated drug information based on current industry standards.
- Updated top 200 Frequently Prescribed Drugs and their uses, common abbreviations, math and pharmacology pretests and an end of book practice exam.
- Explains the legal aspects of pharmacy practice, including laws regulating practice, state and federal regulatory agencies, and law and ethics.
- Offers comprehensive coverage of the core areas, from the fundamental basics to in-depth coverage of mathematics, pharmacology, and what to expect as a professional pharmacy technician.
- Reworked pharmacology section to include new drug products and dosage forms in each of the drug classes represented for an up-to-date resource.
- Includes at least 10 ends of chapter review questions for each chapter, as well as a math test, and two practice exams for a variety of chances for self-assessment.
- Additional back-of-book CD offers 600 review questions that simulate the PTCE for extended practice.
About the PCTB Examination XII.
Section I: ASSISTING THE PHARMACIST IN SERVING PATIENTS.
Part A: FILLING THE MEDICATION ORDER.
1. Receiving the Medication Order.
2. Processing the Medication Order.
3. Preparation and Utilization of the Patient Profile.
4. Handling Medications.
5. Proper Storage and Delivery of Drug Products.
6. Receiving Payment for Goods and Services.
Part B: PHARMACEUTICAL CALCULATIONS.
7. Fractions,Decimals,and Algebra Review.
8. Systems of Measurement.
9. Using Percentages and Ratios.
10. Measuring Equipment.
11. Conversion of Solid Dosage Forms.
12. Conversion of Liquid Dosage Forms.
13. Pediatric Dosages.
14. Parenteral Dosages.
15. Intravenous Calculations.
16. Intravenous Admixtures.
17. Calculation of Dose per Time.
19. Commercial Calculations.
20. Math Test with Solutions.
Part C: PHARMACOLOGY.
21. Introduction to Pharmacology.
22. Central Nervous System Agents.
23. Pain Management Agents: Nonsteroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs and Narcotics.
24. Cardiovascular System Agents.
25. Pulmonary Agents.
26. Antibiotics and Anti-infectives.
27. Cancer Chemotherapeutic Agents.
28. Gastrointestinal System Agents.
29. Endocrine System and Reproductive System Agents.
31. Pharmacology Review.
Part D: PHARMACY LAW.
32. State and Federal Regulations.
33. State and Federal Regulatory Agencies.
34. Law and Ethics in the Practice of Pharmacy.
Section II: MAINTAINING MEDICATION AND INVENTORY CONTROL SYSTEMS.
35. Stocking the Pharmacy.
36. Maintenance of Pharmaceutical Products.
Section III: ADMINISTRATION AND MANAGEMENT OF PHARMACY PRACTICE.
37. Using Computers in the Pharmacy.
38. Communications within the Pharmacy.
Appendix A: Top 200 Frequently Prescribed Drugs and Their Uses.
Appendix B: Commonly Used Medical Abbreviations.
Appendix C: Pretest with Answers.
Appendix D: Sample Examination and Answer Sheet; Answers for Scoring,
Appendix E: Solutions to Questions for Review.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Practice Exam Software
Brand new CD software offers an additional 600 review questions that simulate the PTCE for extended practice.
Practice Exam Software