Request for consultation
PERSONAL STRESS MANAGEMENT: FROM SURVIVING TO THRIVING equips college students with the insights and skills to handle common campus stressors including academics, time management, and relationship issues. Packed with actionable strategies, this guide demonstrates how students can change their perspective and respond to demands with confidence, empowering them to be stronger, more committed, and more resilient in the classroom and in life. To accomplish this, PERSONAL STRESS MANAGEMENT: FROM SURVIVING TO THRIVING delivers self-assessments that help students understand how and why they react to stressors, along with a customizable toolkit of strategies for diffusing them. Incorporating the latest in neuroscience, exercise physiology, nutrition, and medicine, PERSONAL STRESS MANAGEMENT: FROM SURVIVING TO THRIVING also discusses healthy habits, such as regular exercise and good nutrition, to defend against the pressures of college life and prevent burnout.
- Pressure Gauge: Each chapter starts with a check-up to help readers assess their own lives and the stress they’re experiencing. A variety of topics ask students about the health of their relationships, the level of stress they feel in the workplace, how mindful they tend to be, and more.
- Quick Topics: A number of short topics in the readings present intriguing topics for students to consider and research further, or simply relate to their personal circumstances.
- Tension Relievers. These stress relief tips appear throughout the text to offer students practical and actionable steps they can take today to reduce their stress levels.
- Stress Management Toolkit. Unique and interactive, this handy feature equips students with a range of coping strategies, which they customize to specific situations and stressors, for effective relief whenever and wherever it’s needed.
- Awareness Builders. Each chapter includes a “Reflection” and a “Technique,” each designed to deepen a student’s self-understanding of topics that correlate with stress levels, including internal versus external, gratefulness, healthy habits, and others.
1. Understanding Stress.
2. Stress and Your Body.
3. Stress and Your Mind.
Part II: Stress on Campus.
4. Stress on Campus.
5. Your Personal Environment, Time, and Money.
6. Relationships, Social Health, and Stress.
Part III: Managing Stress.
7. Personal Change.
8. Psychological Approaches.
9. Stress-Resistant Health Habits.
10. Spirituality, Life Balance, and Resilience.
11. Occupational and Environmental Stress.
Part IV: Stress Reduction and Relaxation Techniques.
12. Breathing, Relaxation, and Guided Imagery.
13. Mindfulness, Meditation, and Self-Hypnosis.
14. Physical Techniques.
15. Complimentary, Alternative, and Creative Therapies.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Everything you need for your course in one place! This collection of lecture and class tools coordinates with the text and includes PowerPoint® slides, a test bank, images, an instructor’s manual, and much more. To access this website, visit the instructor resource center at www.cengage.com/login.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero®, is a flexible, online system that allows you to import, edit, and manipulate content from the text’s test bank or elsewhere. Include your own favorite test questions, create multiple test versions in an instant, or deliver tests from your LMS, the classroom, or wherever you want.