Request for consultation
ORNAMENTAL HORTICULTURE: SCIENCE, OPERATIONS, AND MANAGEMENT, 4E is a comprehensive introduction to the art and science of ornamental horticulture. This book provides a balanced coverage of the different elements integral to this field, including the science of ornamental horticulture, crop production, craftsmanship, and business management skills. ORNAMENTAL HORTICULTURE offers students a practical view of the business skills required to be successful in this growing industry, while also giving them the chance to develop their own creativity. Extensive full color illustrations, detailed list of objectives, and comprehensive review questions will help students monitor their progress.
- More visual design, with full color photos and drawings added.
- Updated and expanded coverage of plant classification and nomenclature.
- Expanded coverage of plant anatomy and physiology.
- New information regarding cold hardiness and heat zones.
- Categorization of the causes of plant injuries covered.
- Numerous illustrations aid readers in identification of plants and trees.
- Objectives and review questions help readers monitor their progress.
- Covers both the art and science of horticulture to provide a balanced approach.
- Includes self-contained chapters which allow readers to customize their study.
1. The Green Plant.
2. Describing and Identifying Plants.
3. The Soil.
4. Plant Growth Regulators.
5. Plant Reproduction.
6. Plants Injuries and Their Control.
PART II – THE CRAFTS OF ORNAMENTAL HORTICULTURE.
7. Floral Design.
8. The Interior Uses of Plants.
9. Landscape Design.
10. Installing Landscape Plants.
11. Maintaining Landscape Plants.
12. Special Training Techniques for Plants.
13. Turf – Selection, Establishment and Maintenance.
14. Techniques of Plant Propagation.
PART III – THE PROFESSIONS OF ORNAMENTAL HORTICULTURE.
15. The Floriculture Industry.
16. The Nursery Industry.
17. The Landscape Industry.
18. Specialized and Nontraditional Careers.
PART IV – THE PRODUCTION TECHNIQUES OF ORNAMENTAL HORTICULTURE.
19. Greenhouses and Other Growing Structures.
20. Greenhouse Production Techniques.
21. Nursery Production Techniques.
22. Beginning and Promoting an Ornamental Horticulture Business.
23. Human Relations: Personnel Management and Customer Sales.
24. Business Communications.
25. Recordkeeping, Pricing, and Determining Price.
26. Ornamental Horticulture in the Age of Technology.
27. Total Quality Management.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.