Request for consultation
Boyer/Verma's breakthrough text meets today's student and instructor's needs and redefines the marketplace. Their text is briefer than most, taking all of the vital core concepts and building upon them with current and fresh examples. The authors understand the importance of striking a balance by creating a book that does an even better job at covering the core concepts while also providing customers with a new product that fully addresses and approaches this course area from today's teaching and learning perspectives and actual business practices. The three unifying themes throughout the book are Strategy, Global Supply Chain, and Service Operations. Strategy will serve as an overarching framework and will be used in each chapter to present students with an alternative approach to specific challenges. The authors uses examples from non-US companies and/or organizations in each chapter to incorporate Service Operations in the book. They also show that even some of the largest manufacturing companies today have extensive service activities such as customer support and product development. The Global Supply Chain theme will allow students to see how products move through different companies and countries with Boyer/Verma's use of real world examples throughout his text. In addition the robust Cnow course allows instructors and students to go beyond the printed text to get the most from this exciting operations management program.
- Three unifying themes throughout the book: Strategy, Global Supply Chain, and Service Operations.
- END OF CHAPTER CASES: Every chapter includes a short closing case that can be used in the classroom as a discussion and application tool.
- END OF CHAPTER PROBLEMS: At the end of chapters with quantitative material there are several problems, with at least one of each type presented in the chapter. Additional problems are available on the text website.
- Every chapter will include at least one example from a non-U.S. company or organization.
- Integrated, on-demand, user friendly CMS, web, and grading system materials.
- LEARNING OBJECTIVES: Every chapter starts with key objectives in a numbered list. These objectives are then matched to a summary explanation at the end of each chapter.
- OPENING VIGNETTE: A company example, most often from one of our three exemplary companies, leads off each chapter. These vignettes provide a contextual illustration of several key principles of the chapter.
- KEY TERMS: Every key term and definition are included in the margin. Key terms are also bolded within the paragraphs.
- SOLVED EXAMPLES: Within each chapter, problem statements, along with step-by-step illustrations for every key quantitative technique, are included.
- BEST PRACTICES IN OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT: These boxed inserts illustrate examples of companies employing practical and effective practices.
- TECHNOLOGY IN OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT: These boxed inserts highlight companies and organizations using technology applications and cover the associated people/workforce decisions.
2. Quality Management.
3. New Product Development.
4. Process Design and Analysis.
6. Independent Demand Inventory.
7. Dependent Demand Inventory.
8. Project Management.
9. Optimization and Simulation Modeling.
10. Capacity Planning.
11. Quality Improvement Methods.
12. Lean Enterprise.
13. Technology and Integrated Supply Management.
14. Global Supply Chain and Service Integration.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
The PowerPoint Lecture Presentation enables instructors to customize their own multimedia classroom presentation. Containing approximately 500 slides, the package includes figures and tables from the text, as well as outside materials to supplement chapter concepts. Material is organized by chapter, and can be modified or expanded for individual classroom use. PowerPoint slides are also easily printed to create customized Transparency Masters.
Online Test Bank
Instructor's Resource Manual
Online Instructor's Resource Manual
Designed to provide support for instructors new to the course, as well as innovative materials for experienced professors, the Instructor's Manual includes Learning Objectives, a Teaching Note for the Opening Vignette, A Detailed Lecture Outline, Notes on the End of Chapter Problems. Suggested Answers to Case Questions, and Additional Exercises.
You can find exciting and engaging video clips for your students on this comprehensive DVD. Topics from the text are expanded upon to 'show' rather than 'tell' your students about the many complex operations management concepts.