Request for consultation
Teach your students to build effective websites using the real-world case scenarios found in NEW PERSPECTIVES HTML5 AND CSS3: COMPREHENSIVE, 7E. This user-friendly, complete text does not require any prior knowledge of the subject nor specialized software other than a basic editor and Web browser. Each tutorial is based on a case problem that leads students through the creation of a website while they master new techniques and complex concepts. Students strengthen their problem-solving skills by working through realistic exercises that help them retain the material and apply what they’ve learned in a professional environment.
- GREATLY EXPANDED COVERAGE ADDRESSES DESIGNING FOR MOBILE, TABLET, AND DESKTOP DEVICES. New material and insights equip your students to design for today’s most popular devices as well as traditional computing systems.
- BOOK OFFER INCREASED EMPHASIS ON RESPONSIVE DESIGN. Students learn the skills needed to implement responsive design as they master the latest elements, attributes, and styles from HTML5 and CSS3.
- BOOK PROVIDES KEYS TO MAINTAINING COMPATIBILITY. This edition focuses on the importance of maintaining compatibility across browsers and browser versions as students design effective websites.
- THIS EDITION INTRODUCES THE LATEST DEVELOPMENTS IN THE FIELD AND EMERGING NEW TOPICS. Students examine media queries, grid-based layouts and grid frameworks, CSS3 grid styles, CSS3 shadow styles, CSS3 gradient fills, CSS3 transformations and filters, and flexboxes and flexible designs as they learn to work most effectively with developer tools.
- BOOK PROGRESSES FROM BASICS TO INCREASINGLY COMPLEX TASKS TO BUILD STUDENT CONFIDENCE. This text begins with a solid presentation of the basics and gradually helps students increase their knowledge and skill sets by providing increasingly difficult tasks and exercises within each module.
- CASE SCENARIOS EMPHASIZE REAL WEB DESIGN CHALLENGES AND SOLUTIONS IN THE WORKPLACE. These case scenarios, which are woven throughout each module, help your students understand how the concepts and skills in the book relate to today’s professional environment.
- VISUAL OVERVIEWS PROVIDE A GRAPHIC PREVIEW OF EACH MODULE’S CONTENT. These two-page spreads at the start of each session visually examine the topics and terms covered in the session. Students can use these as helpful study guides before taking quizzes and tests.
- PROSKILLS BOXES CONNECT HTML AND CSS CONCEPTS AND SKILLS TO CAREER SUCCESS. These helpful features emphasize the relevance of all of the skills your students are learning as they guide students in using technology effectively in professional situations. ProSkills exercises integrate the technology skills students learn with one or more of today’s necessary professional skills, such as teamwork, written communication, verbal communication, problem solving and decision making.
- KEY STEPS DRAW STUDENTS’ ATTENTION TO CRITICAL POINTS AS THEY APPLY HTML AND CSS SKILLS. These Key Steps highlight the most important steps in each process and help your students pay close attention in order to complete each step correctly and avoid time-consuming rework.
Tutorial 2: Getting Started with CSS
Tutorial 3: Designing a Page Layout
Tutorial 4: Graphic Design with CSS
Tutorial 5: Designing for the Mobile Web
Tutorial 6: Working with Tables and Columns
Tutorial 7: Designing a Web Form
Tutorial 8: Enhancing your Website with Multimedia
Tutorial 10: Exploring Arrays, Loops, and Conditional Statements
Appendix A: Color Names with Color Values, and HTML Character Entities
Appendix B: HTML5 Elements and Attributes
Appendix C: CSS3 Styles and Selectors
Appendix D: Making the Web More Accessible
Appendix E: Designing for the Web
Appendix F: Validation with XHTML
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Find everything you need for your course in one place! This collection of book-specific lecture and class tools is available online via www.cengage.com/login. Access and download PowerPoint ® presentations, images, test banks, instructor’s manual , and more.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero® is a flexible, online system that allows you to: import, edit, and manipulate content from the text’s test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions; create multiple test versions in an instant; and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.