Request for consultation
Give students the technical skills and industry know-how to begin an exciting career installing, configuring, and troubleshooting computer networks with the completely updated NETWORK+ GUIDE TO NETWORKS, 7E. Prepare students for success on CompTIA’s Network+ N10-006 certification exam with fully mapped coverage of all objectives, including protocols, topologies, hardware, network design, and troubleshooting. This edition addresses the latest developing technology with new organization and features that make essential information easily accessible and help students visualize high-level concepts. New OSI layer icons visually reinforce the link between concepts and the OSI model. New and updated "On the Job" stories, Applying Concepts activities, Hands-On and Case Projects help readers further explore chapter concepts. The NETWORK+ GUIDE TO NETWORKS, 7E’s emphasis on real-world problem solving provides the tools students need to succeed in any computing environment.
- NEW ORGANIZATION CONSOLIDATES SIMILAR CONCEPTS FOR EFFICIENT COVERAGE. New content structure enables deeper investigation of particularly rich concepts and skills from the latest Network+ N10-006 exam. This edition provides a stronger emphasis on security, troubleshooting, and virtualization with additional coverage of VLANs, enterprise networks, and fiber-optic technology.
- NEW FEATURES MAKE ESSENTIAL INFORMATION EASILY ACCESSIBLE. New meaningful learning features integrated throughout each chapter help students visualize high-level concepts.
- NEW "APPLYING CONCEPTS" ACTIVITIES HELP SOLIDIFY CONCEPTS FOR STUDENTS. These practical activities, embedded in each chapter, demonstrate concepts in action and highlight the relevance of what students are learning as they read through the chapter.
- NEW OSI LAYER ICONS VISUALLY REINFORCE THE LINK BETWEEN CONCEPTS AND THE OSI MODEL. These helpful icons immediately direct students’ attention to key material that relates to the OSI conceptual model.
- NEW AND UPDATED SKILLS-BASED PROJECTS ENCOURAGE HANDS-ON PRACTICE. Students refine important technical skills as they explore chapter concepts in depth and place the principles they are learning into industry context.
- THE MOST UP-TO-DATE DISCUSSIONS AND PROJECTS ENSURE CURRENCY. This edition emphasizes emerging developments in computer technology and the latest operating systems, including Windows 8.1®, Windows Server® 2012 R2, and newer Linux applications.
- CONTENT MAPS SEAMLESSLY TO COMPTIA’S NETWORK+ N10-006 CERTIFICATION EXAM. Prepare your students for success on the certification exam with this edition’s full-color presentation that provides in-depth coverage of all of the exam’s objectives.
- "ON-THE-JOB" STORIES AT THE BEGINNING OF EACH CHAPTER PLACE CONCEPTS INTO REAL-WORLD CONTEXT. Intriguing workplace scenarios highlight the chapter’s technology and concepts while giving students unique insights into a variety of modern computing environments.
- COMPTIA NETWORK+ EXAM ICONS DRAW ATTENTION TO MUST-KNOW CONTENT. These helpful icons, placed in the margins for quick reference, point out content students must master for CompTIA’s Network+ certification exam.
- LEGACY NETWORKING BOXES PRESENT OLDER TECHNOLOGY THAT IS COVERED ON COMPTIA’S NETWORK+ CERTIFICATION EXAM. These historical references place current technology into context while familiarizing readers with important background for the exam.
- EXTENSIVE LEARNING TOOLS ASSIST STUDENTS IN COMPREHENSION AND REVIEW. Easy-to-reference tables and bulleted lists, Key Terms, Chapter Summaries, and Review Questions save time in study. Applying Concepts activities, Hands-On Projects, and Case Projects as well as detailed appendices and a glossary support learning and provide ongoing reference.
How Computers Find Each Other on Networks.
How Data Gets Transported Over Networks.
Structured Cabling and Network Elements.
Remote Access and Cloud Computing.
Network Risk Management.
Unified Communications and Network Performance Management.
Network Segmentation and Virtualization.
Wide Area Networks.
Industrial and Enterprise Networking.
Appendix A: Network+ Examination Objectives
Appendix B: Numbering Systems.
Appendix C: Visual Guide to Connectors.
Appendix D: CompTIA Network+ Practice Exam.
"I loved the book and I’ll list 3 reasons although there are many more!1) It is written to the student’s level. Complete explanations without assuming prior knowledge yet not condescending in tone.2) It is current – the cert objectives are covered, yet the text give more information3) It is achievable – there is so much to cover in the topic, yet the author builds carefully on the knowledge to provide a comprehensive view, not just pieces and parts"
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
The Lab Manual contains more than 70 labs to provide students with additional hands-on experience and to help them prepare in detail for the Network+ Exam. The Lab Manual includes lab activities, objectives, materials lists, step-by-step procedures, illustrations, and review questions.
Instructor's Companion Web Site
Everything you need for your course in one place. This collection of book-specific lecture and class tools is available online. Simply visit login.cengage.com and log in to access instructor-specific resources on the Instructor Companion Site. You’ll find the Instructor’s Manual, Solutions Manual, test creation tools, PowerPoint® Presentations, course syllabus, and figure files.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero Instant Access
This flexible, online system allows you to author, edit, or manage test bank content from multiple Cengage Learning solutions. Create multiple test versions in an instant. Deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.
ExamConnection, 2 term (12 months) Instant Access
The Lab Manual contains more than 70 labs to provide you with additional hands-on experience and to help prepare you for the Network+ Exam. The Lab Manual includes lab activities, objectives, materials lists, step-by-step procedures, illustrations, and review questions.
ExamConnection, 2 term (12 months) Instant Access