Request for consultation
Prepare current and future paralegal professionals for success on the Certified Paralegal (CP) Examination with the only comprehensive review manual prepared in partnership with the National Association of Legal Assistants (NALA). CERTIFIED PARALEGAL REVIEW MANUAL: A PRACTICAL GUIDE TO CP EXAM PREPARATION, 4E is an indispensable resource for those preparing to take the CP Exam administered by NALA. New material covers the latest areas of paralegal practice and technology and mirrors the most recent changes in the CP Exam. New examples, extensive outlines, realistic practice tests, and helpful exam tips prepare readers for success on the exam. Author Virginia Koerselman Newman, J.D. combines her extensive experience as an attorney with decades of teaching experience to present an unmatched overview of the Exam. Detailed insights familiarize readers with test policies, grading, eligibility requirements, effective study plans and the best preparation techniques.This edition then explores specific content areas of the test, including legal terminology, communications, administrative law, and bankruptcy law. Readers are equipped with the skills to perform their best on the exam and distinguish themselves in their professional careers.
- Revised tables and charts clarify key information and keep readers interested and involved.
- Revisions highlight the most recent changes in law, rules of procedure, and ethics standards in use today with special attention on accuracy for a presentation readers can trust.
- Prepared in partnership with NALA, this book most effectively prepares readers for the Certified Paralegal (CP) Examination. Revisions eliminate all non-pertinent material for a focus on only the information essential for testing success.
- THIS MANUAL OFFERS THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE REVIEW AVAILABLE, prepared in partnership with NALA. Ideal for professionals and students alike, this complete preparation tool for the CP Exam is prepared in partnership with NALA -- the association that administers the exam.
- WELL-ORGANIZED, THOROUGH APPROACH MIRRORS THE CP EXAM STRUCTURE. This manual describes the CP Exam in detail, addressing testing requirements, test-taking techniques, policies, and grading. The manual then dedicates a separate chapter for each specific content area of the exam, including legal terminology, communications, administrative law, bankruptcy law, and others, using an organization that reflects the structure of the exam.
- PROVEN LEARNING TOOLS AND CLEAR WRITING STYLE ENSURE EFFICIENT TEST PREPARATION. Solid pedagogical tools, shaped by feedback from academic instructors, further ensure this book's effectiveness. Extensive outlines summarize the law with illustrative examples, while sample questions offer explanatory answers, and charts enable instant review.
- EXPANDED COVERAGE DETAILS PERTINENT CHANGES, CODES AND RULES WITHOUT EXTRANEOUS INFORMATION. Readers find the latest and most complete information on issues, such as changes in applicable rules of procedure, evidence, and ethics standards as well as pertinent rule changes under the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure, the bankruptcy code, modifications in estate planning laws and the Uniform Probate Code, and more.
- USEFUL SELF-TESTS PROVIDE REAL PRACTICE OPPORTUNITIES. Updated Self-Tests and timed exams at the end of each chapter replicate questions from the CP Exam for critical practice.
- EXCEPTIONAL STUDY TIPS AND TEST-TAKING STRATEGIES PROVIDE INSIGHTS INTO TESTING SUCCESS. Readers can apply a wealth of proven study tips and test-taking strategies as they prepare for and take the CP Examination.
2. Human Relations and Interviewing.
4. Judgment and Analytical Ability.
5. Legal Research.
6. Legal Terminology.
7. General Law.
8. Administrative Law.
9. Bankruptcy Law.
10. Business Organizations.
11. Contract Law.
12. Criminal Law.
13. Estate Planning and Probate.
14. Family Law.
16. Real Estate Law.
Self-Test Answer Key.
"Cengage is the "go-to" publisher for the CP exam prep materials. The self-assessment checklist is wonderful. A learner can determine roughly how much time and effort he/she should spend on the materials based upon his/her experience and education."
"The strengths of the textbook are: a. Excellent concise presentation of the substantive areas of the law and the skill sets that will be tested on the national examination. b. Practice timed exams for the student to use to verify their understanding of the material. And, the self-tests expose the student to the exam's format: True/False, Multiple Choice, Matching and Essay questions. c. Details on test preparation in general and specifics on taking the CP examination."
"It looks like a lifetime of work went into it and I applaud the author! I would certainly recommend it."