Request for consultation
Ideal as an on-the-job reference for professional paralegals, an exam prep tool for the Certified Paralegal examination, or as a textbook for paralegal academic courses, this sixth edition of the respected NALA Manual covers all the skills required of paralegals today. More than 100 leading authorities with a wide range of experience in legal disciplines and management have contributed to this comprehensive manual since it was introduced in 1976. The updated manual includes a collection of successful solutions to actual assignments accomplished by working paralegals nationwide.These proven techniques and procedures can be used as starting points from which changes, adaptations, and modifications may be made by paralegals in similar situations.
- The authors are working paralegals, qualified by experienced and education.
- All chapters are updated to include review and discussion questions for classroom use and for use by Certified Paralegal exam study groups.
- The manual provides quick-reference, practical information for working paralegals and students.
- Up-to-date coverage of the general skills and knowledge required of all paralegals includes detailed discussions of legal research, legal analysis, interviewing procedures, ethics, and communications.
- The litigation process is discussed in-depth with chapters on investigation, pretrial litigation skills, discovery, and assisting at trial.
- A glossary of legal terms and a list of references that may be used for further study are included.
"The NALA book would be excellent for those individuals who are studying for a legal secretary, legal assistant, or paralegal certificate examination on the national level."
"The series of chapters gives the paralegal student a very accurate overview of what to expect from initial client interview to trial."