Request for consultation
Illustrative and analytical, MODERN MARKETING RESEARCH: CONCEPTS, METHODS, AND CASES, 2nd Edition is a comprehensive introduction to the practice of marketing research. The text treats marketing research design as an integrated process, walking students through each step, from identifying data sources to analyzing findings with various statistical methods. Making sense of complex marketing data for students, MODERN MARKETING RESEARCH: CONCEPTS, METHODS, AND CASES, 2nd Edition explains in detail the analytical and statistical approaches essential in marketing research, including standard multivariate methods like Factor, Cluster, and Conjoint Analyses, as well as the latest Hierarchical Bayes, Heterogeneity, and Sample Selection techniques. More than three dozen in-text cases highlight research projects in business and academic settings, while numerous examples and special interviews with industry experts give them an in-depth perspective of marketing research and its applications in the real world.
- Modern Marketing Research contains 26 cases that allow a range of flexibility in covering basic through advanced marketing research techniques. Many cases are accompanied by data sets for student analysis.
- Current and Emerging Online Coverage: The 2nd Edition of MODERN MARKETING RESEARCH: CONCEPTS, METHODS, AND CASES discusses the latest online trends in marketing research to keep students in step with the ever-evolving field.
- Quick-Reference List: This descriptive list of online marketing resources, databases, and web links is an up-to-date, "go-to" resource for students in your course.
- Expanded Statistical Techniques: This edition delivers even more discussion and illustration of multivariate techniques, including cluster and discriminant analyses for segmentation, as well as state-of-the-art methods like Hierarchical Bayes, heterogeneity, and various types of conjoint analysis.
- 2010 Census Coverage: Students evaluate the research methods and data from the 2010 U.S. Census with the in-depth discussion in MODERN MARKETING RESEARCH: CONCEPTS, METHODS, AND CASES, 2nd Edition.
- "Special Expert" Features: Interviews of world-class scholars and industry leaders show students how marketing research applies to ongoing, real-world projects.
- Integrated Perspective: Rather than abstract discussions, MODERN MARKETING RESEARCH: CONCEPTS, METHODS, AND CASES, 2nd Edition uses cases and examples to explain each aspect and stage of the marketing research process for a deeper, more comprehensive understanding.
- Managerial, Detailed Approach: This high-level approach delivers exceptionally detailed coverage of research methods, particularly for "data-driven marketing," a must-know subject in marketing research today.
- Helpful Data Sets and Instructor Slides: Assign complete data sets from cases to student teams and use classroom-tested PowerPoint® lessons to enhance your lessons.
- Comprehensive Statistical Techniques: Cover all essential statistical techniques used in marketing research--starting with basic summary statistics, through regression, and ending in state-of-the-art methods--with the most complete and modern text on the market.
2. Research Design and Data Sources.
3. Measurement in Marketing Research.
4. Causal Designs and Marketing Experiments.
5. Data Collection: Exploratory and Conclusive Research.
6. Designing Surveys and Data Collection Instruments.
8. Data Analysis and Statistical Methods: Univariate and Bivariate Analyses.
9. Modeling Multivariate Relationships: Multiple Regression for Interval, Binary, and Nominal Dependent Variables.
10. Factor, Cluster, Discriminant, and Latent Class Analyses.
11. Conjoint Analysis and Multidimensional Scaling.
12. Advanced Topics, Research Frontiers, and Preparing the Final Report.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Resource CD-ROM
For your convenience, the IRCD includes the Instructor's Manual, the Test bank, and the PowerPoint® slides in one easily accessible resource.